FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Who is Annene Kaye?
Who is Annene Kaye?
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-04-28 3:47 pm   Permalink

We always talk about Jeff Berry, but who is Annene Kaye?

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 4:13 pm   Permalink

Her name is on my Grog Log book.
This is what I got on a search
--------------------------
Annene Kaye
Annene Kaye was a contributor to New York Rocker and other magazines in the '80s. Under various pseudonyms she wrote potboiler bios of such seminal stars as Rick Springfield. She now works for Fox TV in Los Angeles.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-04-28 4:22 pm   Permalink

Annene- are you out there?

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-28 4:25 pm   Permalink

Annene is Jeff's wife. I've not met her. Annene's mother helped Jeff out quite a bit in creating his next book, Taboo Table, which focuses on the food from golden age Polynesian restaurants.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Designs

Posted: 2007-09-05 10:28 pm   Permalink

You can view Annene's photography on Flikr.com Search for: Annene von Durchgerockt VSOP and you should find her profile.

View Profile of Tiki Designs Send a personal message to Tiki Designs  Email Tiki Designs Goto the website of Tiki Designs     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-09-06 10:14 am   Permalink

Forgot all about this post- I shook cocktails with her a few months ago. She is real! And quite nice as well.

tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-06 10:02 pm   Permalink

Behind every good man who makes cocktails, there is a good woman to drink them and tell him what is wrong with them.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 06:51 am   Permalink

Quote:
Behind every good man who makes cocktails, there is a good woman to drink them and tell him what is wrong with them.

He speaks the truth! This is one hobby my wife happily endorses, because she gets to partake in the results. So my frequent liquor purchases fly under the radar (but new tiki mug purchases are greeted with eye rolls).

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 12:33 pm   Permalink

one of the coolest ladies on the planet

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation