[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Help Me Find "One Way Wahine"
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Help Me Find "One Way Wahine"
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-04-29 8:44 pm   Permalink

I am trying to find a video copy of the 1965 beach party movie "One Way Wahine" . This movie is not available commercially so I am hoping someone out there has a copy or can direct me to someone that does. Filmed in Hawaii with Anthony Eisley (Hawaiian Eye). I recently acquired a collection of posters and lobby cards from this movie. One poster shows a beach party scene with a large Tiki that looks very similar to the 6' Oceanic Arts Tiki we got last year from a person that told us it was in a 60s surf movie, but did not know which one. I will try to post some images soon. Mahalos

Bongofury

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-04-29 8:49 pm   Permalink

I know this is no help to you, but I found a poster for that movie about a year ago and it's fantastic. Gotta get it framed.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-29 10:52 pm   Permalink

speaking of videos Bongo, did you get da one with Mr. Denny and Mr. Lymann playing in da backround of that movie you're talking about? I would love to get a copy to take over to Mr. Dennys to play it for him at his house. I know he dosen't have a copy. Does anyone here have it? whats da name of that movie again Mr. Fury?

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-04-30 9:29 pm   Permalink

The first 2 images are from lobby cards

The next 2 are from the Half-Sheet poster

Do you think this looks similar to the one in the poster?

[ This Message was edited by: bongofury on 2004-04-30 21:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: bongofury on 2004-04-30 21:33 ]

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-04-30 10:01 pm   Permalink

Martiki......did you get the one-sheet, half sheet, or the insert? Each one has a little different art. There were 7 lobby cards in the set I got, Just posted the best images.

Gecko.....would love for Mr. Denny to see that movie (he has some dialog)......"Forbidden Island". Will make a new post when I get the video.

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-01 01:26 am   Permalink

Great find!
I always loved the title of this one, a close second to the Gardner McKay vehicle entitled "I Sailed To Tahiti With An All Girl Crew".

That Tiki might very well be an Oceanic Arts carving.

For rare unpublished videos, try Eddie Brandt's Video, on Vineland in North Hollywood.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-05-01 09:19 am   Permalink

Thanks Bigbro......Eddie Brandt's is usually the first place I try......they don't have that movie (or many of the 60s surf movies, though they did have a couple no one had). My web searches have also come up empty. The tiki in the poster is a little different than the OA tiki I have, so I was wondering if there were more tikis in the movie. Will keep looking.

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-01 10:44 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-05-01 10:50 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-05-01 5:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-30 22:01, bongofury wrote:
Martiki......did you get the one-sheet, half sheet, or the insert? Each one has a little different art. There were 7 lobby cards in the set I got, Just posted the best images.

Not sure what it is, bongo- it's 14 x 36 tall and not a one sheet or half sheet. Images look like a combination of the two that Unga posted.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-01 9:42 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: filslash 2007-01-27 14:40 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-02 12:26 am   Permalink

Unga, the tag lines on those posters are the best! That flic must be unbelievably bad.

Fils, some of us can only see that darn red box with a white x in it where your image should be...

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-08 07:08 am   Permalink

Ha! Let's have a contest for captions:

Policeman: " Twist dancing in bikinis and other lewd behaviour are not permitted on this beach!"

Ol' Beachcomber: "C'mon Sam, we were youngens once, too!"

Bikini couple girl: "What a square!"

Couple on the left: "Can we still commence with our Hukilau, officer?"

The VIDEO BEAT!

Posted: 2007-04-06 07:25 am   Permalink

ONE WAY WAHINE (WAHINI) film finally found!

The film One Way Wahine was discovered in a film warehouse! It has been filmed-chained onto video and DVD.

Here 'tis:
http://www.thevideobeat.com/store/monster-teenage-movies/one-way-wahini-wahine-1965.html

One of the rarest beach movies. Filmed in Hawaii, One Way Wahini is a beach comedy-caper featuring thrills, lush Hawaiian tropical tiki splendor and the beautiful Joy Harmon (Va Va Vroom! …the best boobs to ever grace a beach movie!)

[ This Message was edited by: The VIDEO BEAT! 2007-04-06 07:26 ]

View Profile of The VIDEO BEAT! Send a personal message to The VIDEO BEAT!  Goto the website of The VIDEO BEAT!     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-06 08:11 am   Permalink

Thanks for the tip/plug Va Va Vroom.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-06 08:55 am   Permalink

Wasn't Joy Harmon the girl in "Cool Hand Luke" who gets the prisoners all riled up while she washes her car?

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation