FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food For the drinkers.... how far have you gone?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
For the drinkers.... how far have you gone?
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-07 11:40 am   Permalink

Okay, so there is a bigger forum. But, we're a damn close second.

Rummaker... go bug them.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-07 11:45 am   Permalink

But can I order some online?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-14 9:49 pm   Permalink

Okay, I know this is where you really are supposed to list all the drinks you've made. Yes, I am working my way through lots of recipes, but I have a problem with the Dr. Funk recipe listed in Intoxica. I made it and it seemed way to limey. So, I've checked the boards here and the TV version uses only 1/2 lime with almost all the other ingredients either the same or equal parts to the Intoxica listed recipe. Other people here have suggested the recipe is way to tart as well. I am wondering, is there a typo in the Intoxica recipe that should read1/2 lime instead of 2 1/2 limes? Has anyone else thought about this along the same lines?

View Profile of telescopes Send a personal message to telescopes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-15 10:47 am   Permalink

I adjusted the Beachbum Berry recipe for Dr. Funk as follows: 3/4 oz lime instead of 2 1/2 oz and added 1/4 oz Rock Candy Syrup to the mix. This drink taste much more pleasant and similar to what I have found at Trader Vic's. It is also more in proportioned to most of the other Dr. Funk recipes listed on cocktail data bases. Perhaps this will encourage others to try and give the Dr. a new try and perhaps add him to the top 10.

View Profile of telescopes Send a personal message to telescopes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twitch
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-16 8:38 pm   Permalink

After reading this, I'm beginning to thing the Intoxica! book is very lime-biased.
We tried another one last night - although I do forget which one, so it looks like I'll have to start marking up the thing with check-marks and li'l notes (meaning I'll hafta start all over again from scratch, what a shame) - and after unparching our mouths with a crowbar, we decided there must be a lime-typo in there or something.
I'll be making a sticky-note for the inside somewhere telling myself to cut the lime (lemon too?) by 3/4 to a half...
Now the only problem is where to re-start first?

PS - anyone know where to get falernum in Canada? Either I'm drink-addled or the book seems falernum-heavy...

[ This Message was edited by: twitch 2007-07-16 20:40 ]

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 9:07 pm   Permalink

Have to say that Beachbums own is probably one of the best i've had out of the ones i've made.Although i haven't actually rated them.I think i might start again and just do that.
I haven't had a chance to make a lot of them though because the only Demerara rum available here(Australia)is El Dorado,and its very expensive.Also Falernum has just come into the country but is not sold retail as of yet.
Haven't tried anything that calls for grapefruit juice yet either,as i dont like it,tough i'm sure it probably tastes better one mixed with all the other stuff.
swizzle

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation