[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hale Tiki TC Grand Opening
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Hale Tiki TC Grand Opening
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-04 4:10 pm   Permalink

May 21-22 - Augusta, GA - Hale Tiki wil have a special Grand Opening for the tiki freaks.

There will be a luau with food, Polynesian entertainment by "Da Islanders" and loads of Aloha spirit.

"Da Islanders" are a local dance group who whose fire and knife dancers were second only to the Mai Kai dancers last year nationally.

You can book a room at the Ramada Plaza by calling 706-722-5541 NOT the 800 number. This hotel is just next door. They will give a special rate if you say you are with the Tiki Central group. What that is, I don't know right now.

[ This Message was edited by: swanky on 2004-05-17 00:34 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-05 12:07 pm   Permalink

We're there!!

Let The East Coast Tiki Revival continue!!

(...even though I'm very bitter about missing Oasis and camping out in room 135)

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-05 9:29 pm   Permalink

We're There, Too!!!

Called this morning, though (Cinco de Mayo) and was told that the Ramada had no idea what I was talking about. I think I'll try again next week (like it really matters).

Just wanted to be a handy helper.

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-05 11:09 pm   Permalink

The Ramada manager was in Hale Tiki when I called and they had just arranged the deal. So, it may take a little time to actually get set. You can likely book your room, and get the discount before you check out.

I can suggest Nacho Mama's for a big fat burrito for dinner. Good stuff. Abotu a block or two up from Hale Tiki (11th street maybe) or Blue Sky for a little finer food, also just up te street.

[ This Message was edited by: swanky on 2004-05-06 00:09 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-06 10:17 am   Permalink

Will any of the events be "family" events? I other words, can children come or is this more of an adult event?

I understand either way.

tb

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-07 09:46 am   Permalink

Recommended for eats: Nacho Mama's with logo by BK

Blue Sky Kitchen

Both just a couple of blocks up from Hale Tiki. A nice stroll.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-07 2:33 pm   Permalink

Swanky,

I'm going to miss Friday night, but will be there Saturday. Will there be a Polynesian Dance Revue on both nights?

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-07 4:30 pm   Permalink

Yes, the dancers will be there both nights.

They actually perform on the large sidewalk outside the bar. Maybe this answers the all-ages question. You can enjoy the dancers and the luau dinner without going in the bar. But the bar is 21+. I assume that rules out the kids, at least during business hours. I'll inquire further wiuth Brad.

Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-07 5:16 pm   Permalink

Dang! Looked at both of those menus and Now I'm Hungry!
Called this morning and Got the Deal (and it's SWEET, too!).
We're gonna miss Friday, too, but plan to get to Augusta early enough to cruise around a bit on Saturday. Can anyone tell me where Brad's store is in relation to all this other stuff? Does Augusta these days have a "Hip & Trendy" shopping district?

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-07 5:51 pm   Permalink

Everything is there on Broad. Brad's store is on an intersecting street, but I can't recall which. It's on the same side as Hale Tiki, a couple blocks up, maybe 900 block area, and just a block off Broad. Sorry I am not more helpful, but you actually will likely find it with that.

Okay, I know nothing about Augusta except that area, but...

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky on 2004-05-07 17:52 ]

timmy g

Posted: 2004-05-11 7:19 pm   Permalink

Yeah
Does anyone know any cool places to go in Augusta besides Hale tiki? We just made our reservations for friday night, but would like to check out the town Sat.
I live in atlanta but haven't been to Augusta in years...

View Profile of timmy g Send a personal message to timmy g  Goto the website of timmy g     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-11 8:58 pm   Permalink

I think some of us may venture over to the Marine Room or Discotheque...

But that's not everyone's taste.

The Soul Bar down the street is pretty cool. Lots of James Brown stuff.

Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-11 9:12 pm   Permalink

Brad & Basement,
Where in the hell do you fly into to in order to get there? Mahalo, Al & Shelley

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-12 06:54 am   Permalink

ATL

...plus a 1.5 hour or so drive.

Awesome that you're coming.
Looking forward to meeting you.

[ This Message was edited by: pablus on 2004-05-12 07:09 ]

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-12 09:01 am   Permalink

Al,

You can fly into Augusta but the flight may cost more.

Another alternative is to fly into Charleston and ride over with me. I could put you up and even give you a tour of Charleston. Charleston is the same distance to Augusta as Atlanta is - about 150 miles.

There are also cheaper flights into Savannah and you could drive up to Charleston, over to Augusta and then back to Savannah.

Call me if you need more details. Would love to see you. It has been a long time since Oasis 4 and I miss you and Shelley!

Maybe the motel has a 135 we could get!

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation