Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki MSG
MSG
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-05 07:22 am   Permalink

my wahine told me that recently some 'researchers' found that msg was a fifth flavo(u)r! i mean, there's sweet, salty, sour, bitter, and now some weird new word. i'll take that with a grain of salt, pardon the pun...

i love 'chinese' food, and don't bother checking the msg content... but i've noticed recently that after eating general tso chicken or whatever, i almost always have pychotronic dreams... but maybe that's the chilis.

i dunno, i just had msg on my mind.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-05 07:50 am   Permalink

As far as I know, that's true.
My wife is a Foodie and she can go on and on (and on ) about the subject. And while I'm at it, we went to an asian food distributor in a slightly shady part of town recently. Many of the expiration dates were from 2001, jars' lids were leaking, and crabs were running free on the floor, but I just couldn't pass up buying a 5 pound bag of pure MSG. I have no idea what I'm gonna use it for, but I couldn't leave without it.

-Z

[ This Message was edited by: Feelin' Zombified on 2004-05-05 07:51 ]

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-05 07:54 am   Permalink

what's the street value?

like miami vice - the bad guys with 50 ki's of pure msg in their speedboat

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-05 08:36 am   Permalink

I wonder if MSG might be good in Trader Vic's Bullshot cocktail? It could be a whole new use for the stuff...

BULLSHOT
1 oz. vodka
1/4 oz. lemon juice
1 barspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 dash Tabasco sauce
Beef bouillion

Put vodka, lemon juice, Worcestershire, and Tabasco in a fizz glass over 1 large cube of ice. Fill with chilled bouillion. Stir well. Decorate with lemon wedge.

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-05 09:26 am   Permalink

....the fifth flavor....CRAP!

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-05 09:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-05 09:26, mattfink wrote:
....the fifth flavor....CRAP!

this theory lends a scientific edge to "this tastes like CRAP!"

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-05 3:52 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation