FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving .
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 4:54 pm   Permalink

I'm sure it is...at Ymas'.
You deserve it bro'.........

G.

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 5:14 pm   Permalink

Lake,

Sorry I was unable to be there and meet you. It sounds like everyone liked your work and enjoyed meeting up with you. Hopefully next time I can get over there. I hope you didn't have to pack all those tikis back in the van....

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 5:23 pm   Permalink

Hey Lake, I am sure the lamp was for her too and ditto that you deserve it.
You had some excellent stuff at Hukilau and if you keep getting better the way you did last year, then next Hukilau you will blow everyone away.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-22 1:20 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys!

Just when I thought I was going to take the winter off... no tiki parties or shows coming up... things are blowing up again. Over the winter I have a Chicago condo patio to start carving for, fountain orders galor and more work coming up on the Kenosha tiki bar... I'm off to harvest logs next week for a busy winter...

No rest for these weary arms! That's a good thing!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-22 3:47 pm   Permalink

You go my man! Congrats!!!!!!

Waves are really going off hear in the gulf.....of course I'm missing it. Blah.

Kep us informed on your progress,

G.

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-23 12:34 pm   Permalink

Check out the hard work and creativity of Mike, Melissa, Bill and myself in a new tiki bar...

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=15784&forum=1&16

Old school flavor!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-26 10:38 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-12-19 22:39 ]

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-26 3:14 pm   Permalink

Ohhhhhhhh! MMMmmmm! that's like girly pics for us termites! Man, you're gonna have fun with those...

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-26 4:15 pm   Permalink

Congrats on the winter work orders Lake. What are you going to do to prep the wood , I recently found that a bunch I had stored outside under a tarp dried and split really bad. Any advice would be appreciated..

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-26 5:57 pm   Permalink

Excellent tiki bar pic's Lake. You should be very proud of that job,, Excellent
The only thing wrong with that load of logs, And it's a Big problem, is that you didn't deliver them far enough down the road. They need to be down here in Sunny Florida.
Keepmus posted what you do with them.
Congrats on the rash of work. Thats what you get for even Thinking of taking time off.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-26 6:08 pm   Permalink

Drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-26 11:24 pm   Permalink

Rodeo...

This is my favorite time to get logs from my arborist friend...
the logs have been sitting around during a fairly dry summer.
The most important part was most of them were way off the ground. These pieces are the prime cuts from whole 30-40 foot trees that were all stacked up in the wood dump. I had my eye on a bunch more that were real nice until I picked them up off the ground and they had started to fall apart.

The most important part about drying logs is time. What I've found is it has to be spread out. Nature seems to dry a log best. That is over a season and with the bark on. As I said, most of these except for the Spruce have lost all their bark. And for 5 foot logs they are light... I've lifted enough wet ones and found out the difference.
And trees that die or are diseased and have to be cut down... those I've found are the best... they are already dry standing.

Now, some might lose a little surface moisture and check a little once I get them inside. But it won't be nearly as bad as if these hadn't dried over a season.

I'm bringing these into a warm basement for the winter after I debark and sand smooth... moisture getting in the wood and freezing and thawing all winter won't be good for them.

Sometimes its a gamble... that's why I love having the wood dump to go to... there is always a mix of bad and good logs to choose from...

Ben...

You're going to give me an excuse to drive all the way to Florida again? I don't know if the wife will go for that...

You take a little break... after the incredible pieces you cranked out
for Hukilau you deserve it.

A day doesn't pass when I don't dream of carving under a thatched hut with the tropical breeze blowing through... but the reality is that I'm stuck here in this basement... and if I don't get that sanding booth done I'm going to be out there in the snow this winter!

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-26 11:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-21 17:14, GMAN wrote:
Lake,

Sorry I was unable to be there and meet you. It sounds like everyone liked your work and enjoyed meeting up with you. Hopefully next time I can get over there. I hope you didn't have to pack all those tikis back in the van....

-Gman

Hey Gman... it was a bummer you couldn't make it...
It was a good time skateboarding through the ballroom and generally screwing around the whole time.

I learned not to take this whole tiki carving/selling thing too seriously... I would get too worked up over it...

I will always carve more then I could sell... that's just the way it is... a bunch went back home with me but they enjoyed their visit to Florida.

They all find homes... eventually

PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-27 08:14 am   Permalink

Oooohhh -- More monsters just in time for Halloween!!!

Me want's one!

J/K Dave -- BTW, Cabana Boy sends his love...

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-27 08:14 am   Permalink

Oooohhh -- More monsters just in time for Halloween!!!

Me want's one!

J/K Dave -- BTW, Cabana Boy sends his love...

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation