FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving .
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-27 10:11 am   Permalink

Lake, you need a truck brah. I'll sell you my 86 Ford F250 beefed up to 1 ton with tow package, cheap. It's reliable but sucks up the gas like a beast. Serious.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-28 2:56 pm   Permalink

I'll second that. I couldn't live without a truck. Grab that F250 Lake, and make a log hauler outin' it.

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-28 6:47 pm   Permalink

Man...I need those right now...found a place that has up to 18" diameter peeled, turned, kiln dried, furniture grade lodgepole pine from Gary but it is expensive...around 100 bucks a stick shipped...

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-29 06:29 am   Permalink

Thats a sweet load of wood. Cant wait to see their inner tikis

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-29 10:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-28 18:47, Basement Kahuna wrote:
Man...I need those right now...found a place that has up to 18" diameter peeled, turned, kiln dried, furniture grade lodgepole pine from Gary but it is expensive...around 100 bucks a stick shipped...

Yipes!

Yea, its a pain in the ass prepping these... I'm taking a break from debarking, taking knots off and sanding smooth right now...

But oh do they look pretty all stacked up in the basement...

and they were free!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 07:19 am   Permalink

Cool deals Lake! Howz that back you log horder you:) Stock-it-up!!!! Looks like somebody is going to be busy, busy, busy this winter!

Hope everythings cool up there. Tell Jen we said Hello:)

White Pine for us down here in the lower, lower states is not available unfortunatley as it is for you snowbirds, but palm is, and free as well. Guess you can't have everything in the world right at you finger tips. RATS and KON FOUND IT.

I still have about (60) 4-5ft palm logs in the garage just waiting to be demolished though. I have only (2) 4' white pine logs at the moment, but am getting ready to order a few 3'x 8" turned logs for samples from
http://www.smalldiameterlogs.com as B.K. mentioned. Not sure if it's the same place he was talking about, but it's one of them.

I dig carving up some white pine.....

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 9:37 pm   Permalink

Aloha Gary... hi right back at you and Tiki T... hope all is good!

Gotta pass on the pick up... the van is viturally brand new and will take lots of tikis to pay off... and it works a hell of a lot better than the old Honda accord did for hauling the odd log get... fits a 9' longboard snug and is a warm place to change out of the wetsuit in the cold months...

So, the arms are dying... a SW wind pumped up a swell yesterday that led to 4 hours of surfing... Friday and Saturday were log prep days (deknot, debark, sand, store) so that didn't help and then top all that off with three hours of debark after work today... ouch.

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-12-17 22:15 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-04 9:27 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-12-17 22:16 ]

surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-05 06:05 am   Permalink

Real Nice! That wood looks amazing, I'd urethane it, no stain. Where'd ya get this lovely chunk of wood? Mean lookin' Lono design too.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-05 4:03 pm   Permalink

great job Lakesurfer...that red cedar sure has a nice
look to it....

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-05 4:21 pm   Permalink

Really like the latest guy ... r u gonna stain em or clear coat.

-----------------------------------------------

www.PalmCityTiki.com

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-05 8:11 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys

No stain... just clear coat... though I have to be choosy because some tend to yellow the the wood.

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-06 05:24 am   Permalink

Lovin that 2 tone wood. Gman has done a few with it and its so tasty.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaiTaiMafia
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-07 1:15 pm   Permalink

LakeSurfer-

Awesome work. Will you build those shelves for others? Please PM me and let me know...

Keep up the great work!

Aloha

MTM

View Profile of MaiTaiMafia Send a personal message to MaiTaiMafia  Email MaiTaiMafia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrdevine

Posted: 2005-11-13 2:50 pm   Permalink

Hi. She saw it, but does not own it. That went to her manger, Alan Eichler.

~Damon Devine (personal assiatant to Yma Sumac)

View Profile of Mrdevine Send a personal message to Mrdevine  Email Mrdevine Goto the website of Mrdevine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation