FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki I think I just won one of the ugliest mugs every
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
I think I just won one of the ugliest mugs every
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-27 09:09 am   Permalink

How about a matching set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2134776827

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
powerofthetiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-27 10:18 am   Permalink

It's not the same. It's not easy being me

[ This Message was edited by: powerofthetiki on 2002-08-27 10:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: powerofthetiki on 2002-08-30 10:37 ]

View Profile of powerofthetiki Send a personal message to powerofthetiki  Email powerofthetiki Goto the website of powerofthetiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMel
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-08-27 11:55 pm   Permalink

I wonder if that second seller is throwing in the flag. Very patriotic. And it's nice to see that regardless of what you enter as your search criteria, their description line covers JUST about any possible matches....

Frightening. Just frightening.

View Profile of TikiMel Send a personal message to TikiMel  Email TikiMel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SetsofWaves

Posted: 2002-08-28 11:29 am   Permalink

To quote the description...

"GREAT big balls and a teeny tiny penis. (gay interest)"

Yes. Because anything with a visible penis, even a 'teeny tiny' one, becomes "Gay interest" on Ebay.

As much as I love Ebay-- its a very twisted world.

eric

View Profile of SetsofWaves Send a personal message to SetsofWaves  Email SetsofWaves     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-04 07:20 am   Permalink

ok, i think this may actually qualify as the ugliest TIKI mug ever...

clearly an amateur cast made from a mold of an al harrington mug - this thing weighs over a pound! the walls of the mug are about 1/2" thick...

[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Dollar 2010-01-04 07:21 ]

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-04 07:57 am   Permalink

Haha, the mugs in the background look they are saying (deep voice, tom tom sound):

"He ugly! Not one of us! He is cast out from the tribe!"

Poor guy! He sure is an ugly duckling!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-04 08:12 am   Permalink

Looks like it would be useful as a hammer, though. That's the THICKEST mug I've ever seen!

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-04 08:24 am   Permalink

perhaps it would be useful for drinking-based aerobic workouts?

"mai tai-bo?"

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-04 09:37 am   Permalink

HEY!!! I MADE THAT MUG!!!

Just kidding!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-06 10:56 pm   Permalink

I'm pretty sure I have everyone beat, IF we are not competing with Party City mass produced garbage....If we are talking "Real Custom/One-of-a-kind mugs,(you know why when you see them!) I ask you....Who thinks they can beat a Moai mug in which someone thought it would be cute to cover in a "seagull shit white" over brown glaze? and the same maker decided on a Leper Moai, tan color with "open sore red" as its underlying color?.....Soo ugly, that i bought these hobbyist "brother" mugs just to win the non-existent "Fugly Mugly" contests!

All hail king birdshitoai!

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-06 11:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-06 22:56, Tom Slick wrote:

All hail king birdshitoai!

Not bad, not bad at all there Tom.

Birdshitoai has a nice ring to it!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-07 08:25 am   Permalink

Leper Moai

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-01-07 09:37 am   Permalink

I actually like that look - I will call it the 'weathered' look. It reminds me of a fallen tree that has been lying on the forest floor, and has all sorts of fungi, decomposing leaves, and other growth on it. Or an old sunken pirate ship, with all sorts of barnacles that may eventually threaten to overwhelm it.

For me, it captures the look-and-feel between the 'perfection' when a mug is newly made, and the final destructive 'dust-to-dust' moment when it is finally broken into small pieces of clay - but right now, it maintains its recognizable Moai form.

In that sense, it reminds me of an old googie space-age sign that sits rusted, somewhat neglected, over a storefront that has been empty for 20 years. A sign that had a glorious past, but yet holds on, not ready to give in and collapse just yet. Some people see it and think "tear that ugly thing down', while others may shout 'Restore it to its previous glory', and others just kind of secretly admire it as it is now.

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TorchGuy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-10 07:05 am   Permalink

The animal being referred to is a Tanuki, a real Japanese raccoon-like critter. In Japanese mythology, male tanuki have huge, magical balls. Really. Check out the anime film "Pom Poko", where you'll see tanuki doing things with 'em. Surprisingly, Disney did no censoring when releasing the dubbed version. I didn't see the mug, so I'll take your word that it was ugly; however, I highly doubt anything can beat "Moai with open sores". He's pretty revolting; if there's ever an Ugly Mugly contest, Tom Slick, you'll win paws-down. "Moai with bird droppings" is funny; some craft websites sell fairly realistic feathered birds with bendable talons, and I say you buy a raven or other avian critter and perch it atop the mug, as though it's been perched there a while. I'm reminded of the 70s mugs by a potter named Jim Rumph; my father's got two of these, and one is shaped like a knotty tree with a gruff-looking bird perched on the rim. Inside, in the bottom, sits a little troll making a "Mr. Yuk" face, with a white mess on his head. Google Rumph and you'll find photos, it's apparently called the "Splatter Bird" tankard. Not Tiki, but funny, and not even his best work, from what I've seen.

View Profile of TorchGuy Send a personal message to TorchGuy  Email TorchGuy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Carl Ulrich
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-12 12:46 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Carl Ulrich Send a personal message to Carl Ulrich  Email Carl Ulrich     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation