FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Oasis Photo Board-Thanks Everyone!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Oasis Photo Board-Thanks Everyone!
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-12 10:08 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who I managed to get a photo of at the Oasis. In total I captured 70 tiki central members. Due to some planning issues, I ran out of space.

After all the photos were printed and labeled (which I did in my room) I painted the entire board with Modge Podge craft glue for durability. At the end of the event, I officially presented it to Casey and the Caliente Tropics Staff. Casey indicated that it will be displayed in the Reef Bar at the Caliente Tropics for all to see. I have decided that capturing all the TC members is lots of fun and so I will continue my quest at every TC event I attend. I will be going to the Hukilau so I can get some east coast representation. I have all of these photos digitally stored so I can build and even bigger and more complete board next time.

Thanks everybody.
whew.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-12 10:23 pm   Permalink

Thanks Monkeyman! You got one of the few nice photos of me from the whole weekend. Why do I persist in my belief that a garment named MuMu is flattering?
mrs. pineapple

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-12 10:50 pm   Permalink

Great job on the board, MM. Any chance you could link your pic to a super-hi-rez version so we can see everyone?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-12 11:01 pm   Permalink

shutterfly wont produce high res images. Fotki doesnt let me link directly to the photo. Where else should I put it so that the high res version is available?

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-13 12:48 am   Permalink

that board was fantastic, monkeyman! thanks for the great pic too although I really need to get off the prednisone..I'm puffing up like Jerry Lewis!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-13 12:50 am   Permalink

can you upload it in larger sections maybe? and we can figure it out like a puzzle! cool! .....cool? .......maybe?

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-13 01:41 am   Permalink

Since I didn't attend this year you couldn't take my picture for your board. However, my photo is available at most post offices.

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-13 10:08 am   Permalink

Great job on the TC board Monkeyman! I look forward to seeing it everytime i go to Caliente.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2004-05-13 11:24 am   Permalink

Hey monkeyman, if you need a high-res version from Shutterfly (e.g. if you uploaded it in high-res), then just let me know... I used to work there so I have the connections.

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-13 12:12 pm   Permalink

Those pictures came out really nice, I saw the board on display in the office!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaloa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-05-13 1:27 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman,

If you want I can post the picture on my server in high-res for those interested.

E-mail and we can discuss.

View Profile of Kanaloa Send a personal message to Kanaloa  Email Kanaloa Goto the website of Kanaloa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-16 10:52 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman, send me your hi-rez version and I'll host it and put a link to it.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-18 6:49 pm   Permalink

Thanks Monkeyman - great idea & well done. I'm glad you decided against a collage type of presentation of personal photos e-mailed prior to the event (not that I'm 2nd guessing your initial approach). The creative process is full of twists and turns but the end result is all that matters. It was nice seeing you & your family again. See you at San Diego Tiki Crawl I (if not before).

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheTikiGuy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-05-18 10:47 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Monkeyman!! I also wanted to thank You for all your hard work putting the board together. What a treat. -TheTIKIGuy (Angelo and Alison)

View Profile of TheTikiGuy Send a personal message to TheTikiGuy  Email TheTikiGuy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-19 12:33 am   Permalink

Cool Derek, and thanks for the secret envelope!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation