FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Been by Spencer Gifts Lately?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Been by Spencer Gifts Lately?
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-13 10:55 pm   Permalink

Ok, its is kinda cheap and cheesy... but they do have a crapload of tiki stuff now, including a not so sturdy built tiki bar. The Tiki Head with the simulated flame in his mouth is cool (just like the hanging cauldrens have the fan flame) And there are giant light up moai heads. Stop by to pick up some cheap stuff for a party... grass skirts, tiki coasters, plastic mugs... you can't miss it... its all in the front window of the store and in the inside front...

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-13 11:34 pm   Permalink

I just saw it all yesterday here in S. Cal. as well. A lot of it has the Spencer's brand too. Most of it was not my cup of tiki. There were also a bunch of the Marshall's/Ross tiki stuff at almost twice the price. I couldn't find the previous post about this, but the only thing I liked was the hand carved rack for necklaces they were selling. It's not for sale!

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-14 05:33 am   Permalink

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=8634&forum=5&15

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-14 09:23 am   Permalink

I picked up one of the "Flaming" Tiki's last weekend. But I decided to fix it up a bit. The flame was way to yellow for me, so I took a red sharpie to the Flame cloth, and painted the inside of the mouth with red spray paint. Then I masked off the openings and layed down some Flecstone. Cleans it up a little, but yeah, still kinda cheesey. And the fan is loud as hell!

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-14 11:07 am   Permalink

Badmojo,
I have the same one. What I like about it is that it can be battery powered! When you have a party with some music going no one is even going to notice the fan. I plan on using it outside at my wedding. I like your alterations! The original brown colour is ok, and it blends in with my older mugs fairly well. I love your red inside, VERY cool!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-14 12:02 pm   Permalink

Ah, sorry... Should've searched...
Refreshed the topic though...

Nice improvements Badmojo!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-05-14 12:03 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-29 6:33 pm   Permalink

Spencers has some tiki lava lamps now (they call them "Hot Rock Lamps"). At 25% off they ring up for $15. I don't care too much for most of their tiki stuff but these are pretty cool and I bought two. The style and material remind me of Treasure Craft.

They didn't have any of the tiki pens or volcano water pump that were mentioned in the other thread.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-30 09:56 am   Permalink

I just thought of a quieter replacement for the flame, try one of those mister foggers, you can get them with colored light or LEDs & they range in price from US$20 for a basic model up to US$135 for the super deluxe 5 head with multiple colored lights model.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-30 6:36 pm   Permalink

IT'S ALL 50% OFF at my Spencer Gifts...except for the new lava lamps but I bought one anyway. I loaded up on tikiness. Got the smaller red moai for $25.00!

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-01 07:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-13 23:34, spy-tiki wrote:
I just saw it all yesterday here in S. Cal. as well. A lot of it has the Spencer's brand too. Most of it was not my cup of tiki. There were also a bunch of the Marshall's/Ross tiki stuff at almost twice the price. I couldn't find the previous post about this, but the only thing I liked was the hand carved rack for necklaces they were selling. It's not for sale!

I fell in love with that same necklace rack. It looks so cool! I joked about buying just the rack, but they said I'd have to buy all the jewelry too. Oh well, I had to ask.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-05 12:36 pm   Permalink

I hear Spencer's is having a 50% off sale on the tiki stuff right now.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-05 1:24 pm   Permalink

The Spencers at Laguna hills Mall has a Moai plug in light for about $125. It's approx 3' tall and is a translucent gold/yellow color.

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilee
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-07-08 11:39 am   Permalink

I got that 3 foot jumbo Moai lamp for $59.00. (At lakeside mall in Michigan)Everything is half off so I took advantage. The best part was walking through the mall with it balanced on my shoulder with a smile from ear to ear. I got some pretty strange looks from the mall walkers. I had to walk through the marshell fields cosmetic dept too to get to my car. Even better was the drive by stares I would get since I put big Mr. Moai in my passanger seat (which took a little work). Get to Spencers now and take advantage. Original price for that thing is $180.00. I picked the red one.

View Profile of tikilee Send a personal message to tikilee  Email tikilee Goto the website of tikilee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 9:05 pm   Permalink

It looks like Target is carrying some of the "retired" Spencer TIKI items from last year as well as the super-cool Hot Rocks lavalamp TIKI and a lot of other neat TIKI stuff.
The design of the Hot Rocks Tiki looks like the work of one of our fellow TC'rs!

View Profile of FreakBear Send a personal message to FreakBear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-17 9:08 pm   Permalink

What do you call those glass globe things that have electrical bolts dancing around that react to the static electricity when you touch the glass? Whatever they're called they have a tiki version at Spencers. Not the Moai that was mentioned on another thread. This is a Hawaiian style tiki upon who's head rests a glass globe with the aforementioned dynamic electricity action. It's of the same design as the lava lamps and would complement a tiki lava lamp nicely.

The best part is that even though the "Electrostormball" (that's what the box says) is brand new stock, it rings up as "tiki" at the register and is thus 50% off ($10)! I got one for me and one for a friend.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation