FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Central at the Tiki Room!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Central at the Tiki Room!!
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-26 01:19 am   Permalink

King Kukulele, Baxdog, Floratina and myself were discussing the possibility of having just such an "event" the day after the Tiki Farm Bash, that way we've got a better chance of having a lot of Centralites already 'in the area'. In fact, Kuku says that if we can get 240 folks (the Room capacity), we might be able to have a showing ALL TO OURSELVES!! All of you with Annual Passes - THIS is the time to use 'em! Bring your family, bring your friends! The logistics aren't that tough (meet at the Tiki Room for the 10:00 showing, or whatever...), but they still need to get worked out beforehand. Whadda ya think? Can we do it, or is the 'morning after' just NOT a good time...

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2002-08-26 01:25 ]

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2002-08-26 01:20 am   Permalink

I'll be there!

Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
C.B. Howlie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-08-26 01:46 am   Permalink

As hardcore Disneyland and tiki room lovers Cherry and I will be there with bells on (and aloha shirts, too).

Just pleeze let's not make it too early -I have a feeling we will all be very 'bash'ed the next day.

View Profile of C.B. Howlie Send a personal message to C.B. Howlie  Goto the website of C.B. Howlie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2002-08-26 01:48 am   Permalink

the best time to see the Tiki Room (and pirates, and basically all the dark rides) is at night when (A) the crowds are low and (B) your eyes are adjusted... you can see more details at night.

The Tiki Room often opens late and closes early, so this doesn't mean we can get a "end of the night" show

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-26 10:00 am   Permalink

I don't think I have been to the Tiki Room since the Sixties. This could be pretty funny. Tiki people on the loose in the Mouse's house.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-26 9:27 pm   Permalink

Oh, boy -- you guys don't know how good you've got it. This sounds like it's going to be a blast, and I'm very, very sad that I don't get to partake in the festivities. Oh! To live in Southern California! Someday I'll make it to one of your shindigs.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-27 06:47 am   Permalink

Hey Humuhumu, if you do make it down please take someone back with you, it's crowded here.

Tina, were you even born in the sixties?

And knowing all you TC people without knowing all you Tc people, I think that the meeting time should be sunset whenever that is. Because there is nothing like a sunset coming through the forest-jungle of the surrounding area! Plus it gives time for the cobb webbs to clear. I think my tribe would be going!!!! Is there ever to much
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
snarkoutgirl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-08-27 2:40 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu, it's even worse not living in SoCal when you USED to live there, and all your family is STILL there, and they all have season passes to Disneyland... *sigh*

View Profile of snarkoutgirl Send a personal message to snarkoutgirl  Email snarkoutgirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-27 9:03 pm   Permalink

An annual passholder told me today that the Tiki Room usually closes by 5pm. How about a trip by monorail to the hotel first for drinks? - then on to the Tiki Room.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-27 11:52 pm   Permalink

I'd dig being there but will likely spend most of the day Sunday cleaning up - so, a later show would be the best by me but I understand if that won't work with the centralites.
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-28 01:42 am   Permalink

We must have you along Holden!!! You're the reason this is happening in the first place. So I think accomodating smogbreather's schedule is paramount. Plus, like C.B. said - we may all be quite tiki bashed the next mornin' and need our beauty sleep!

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-08-28 09:40 am   Permalink

Hey! Let's make this gig happen either the day after the bash or on some other date. We could do something like the OC Mini Crawl (or not).

Let's not let this idea twist in the wind. Start posting a) who will go, b) who will go if it's not the day after the bash, c) what the schedule of events might be.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-28 8:13 pm   Permalink

Hey gang,

Tina and I are in for the day after the Tiki Farm Bash (Sunday)! This is the small window of time that I will be in town so if this works for you then that would be perfect for us! Like Bong said -- let it not "twist in the wind" (or something like that!).

Aloha,

Uncle Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-29 05:01 am   Permalink

I think someone else said it best, there will be no day that more TC'ers will be in SoCal than the day after the farming incident.
Let's just make it happen then ok
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-08-29 1:16 pm   Permalink

Sounds fantastic. I'd hope for late afternoon, as I'll be driving back to SF that night, and would prefer not to get back at 5 AM.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation