FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Central at the Tiki Room!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Central at the Tiki Room!!
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-29 9:45 pm   Permalink

It's still a ways off, but with this amount of interest, we should start 'sounding off' as to who and when we are meeting. I was just there on Tuesday, and the 10:00am showing only had about 25 people in it - an early show seems to have better odds of having it all to ourselves, but it seems to me that a later afternoon showing is more sensible and works best for everyone overall(remember: just because we're meeting later doesn't mean you can't get there earlier and enjoy the rest of the "Happiest Place on Earth" - or just go to the Tiki Room over and over...). How does 4:00 sound? The park closes at 10, but if the TR closes at 5 we can still make it and have plenty of time left over. Plus, there are some excellent 'watering holes' in the Downtown Disney area: I recommend the UVA Bar; it's outside and they have a great drink called a "Purple Haze"! If you get your hand stamped, you can go back and forth between the bar and D-Land all you like! For this reason, I'd also suggest carpooling! Parking is $8.00 ($10.00 for campers & other big cars) However, if you have a Premium Annual Pass (or a pass w/ the parking add-on) or at least bring someone who does, parking is free!

So: meet at the Enchanted Tiki Room (presented by Dole Pineapple) in Disneyland's "Adventureland" for the 4:00pm showing on Sunday, Sept. 29th? All in favor say "aye" or "arrggh" or "harumph" or whatever...

All not in favor, propose something else!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-29 10:17 pm   Permalink

Shelly and I are in.

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-29 10:30 pm   Permalink

Aye!

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-30 03:07 am   Permalink

c.b. 'n me... we're there

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-30 06:58 am   Permalink

Aye eye ear oh ooooo
that was vowel
OK. 4 of my tribe
Prob. there by 12:00
We will be on the bridge to the castle at NOON
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-30 10:24 am   Permalink

Aye! I'll be there.

Hanford, we need to get together and talk Disneyland history (and search for Hidden Mickeys) while we're there...

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-30 4:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-08-30 10:24, cynfulcynner wrote:Hanford, we need to get together and talk Disneyland history (and search for Hidden Mickeys) while we're there...

Excellent idea! I will be there with friends who I don't think appreciate Disneyland the way we do, so this will be good!

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2002-08-30 4:41 pm   Permalink

If it's Sunday 9/29, Naomi and I will definitely attend! Like, man, the birds all sing and the flowers croon.
-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-31 1:18 pm   Permalink

Aye! Tina and I are in!

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-31 4:59 pm   Permalink

Are you ready kids? Aye aye cap'n. I can't here you! We'll be there.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-02 03:10 am   Permalink

Aye, Johnnie Velour and Lady Velour will be there.

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Biotron2000
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-02 11:43 am   Permalink

Me and my wife Jacki will be there. Wouldn't miss it!
On a somewhat related note, last Sunday we were at Disneyland and there was a huge Goth-type gathering called "Bat's Day" or some such thing. I'm assuming their central meeting place was the Haunted Mansion; you couldn't get near the place.
How can we make ourselves stand out from the crowds? Seems like a good time for Tiki Central T-shirts!

...when drums begin to pound, my head full - BIG sound!
[img]http://www.lottaliving.com/bb/images/avatars/3fc1bc033d70dcbbea619.gif[/im

View Profile of Biotron2000 Send a personal message to Biotron2000  Email Biotron2000 Goto the website of Biotron2000     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-09-03 5:02 pm   Permalink

Aye! Fer both me and me salty sea-wench Rebecca.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-03 5:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-08-30 10:24, cynfulcynner wrote:
Aye! I'll be there.

Arr! My vacation request was denied! I will be attending the Tiki Farm party and driving back to SF the next day....

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-03 8:38 pm   Permalink

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop 2013-02-04 20:30 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation