FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Central at the Tiki Room!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Central at the Tiki Room!!
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-04 1:42 pm   Permalink

Too bad Disneylannd closed the Tahitian Terrace next door....

http://www.yesterland.com/tahitianterrace.html

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Biotron2000
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-04 2:26 pm   Permalink

I've heard rumors there will be a Lilo & Stitch themed show moving into Aladdin's Oasis. Good place for it.

...when drums begin to pound, my head full - BIG sound!
[img]http://www.lottaliving.com/bb/images/avatars/3fc1bc033d70dcbbea619.gif[/im

View Profile of Biotron2000 Send a personal message to Biotron2000  Email Biotron2000 Goto the website of Biotron2000     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-05 10:52 am   Permalink

Argghhh - 2 Castaways along for the ride (assuming we can make it down for the bash at all - finances are still being worked out...)
Quote:

[i]
So: meet at the Enchanted Tiki Room (presented by Dole Pineapple) in Disneyland's "Adventureland" for the 4:00pm showing on Sunday, Sept. 29th? All in favor say "aye" or "arrggh" or "harumph" or whatever...

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-18 12:37 am   Permalink

cynfulcynner and Hanford, let's definitely do a history walk (with a little hidden mickey hunting) either immediately before or maybe after the tiki room fest. We're always up for more Dland trivia. C.B. and I would be happy to share a little lore, too

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-18 11:07 am   Permalink

cherry capri wrote:
<<cynfulcynner and Hanford, let's definitely do a history walk (with a little hidden mickey hunting) either immediately before or maybe after the tiki room fest.>>

We're making every possibly effort to go to Disneyland on Sunday, but Hanford might have to go to the UK for work that weekend, and I'm having trouble getting vacation time. I will have to drive back to SF on Sunday the 29th if I can't get the day off on the 30th.

--cindy

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-19 10:19 pm   Permalink

Hey Guys, you can check here to see what attractions will be undergoing refurbishment that day:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/HoursAndShows/index?StartMonth=9&StartDay=29&StartYear=2002&Stay=1&DLP=DLP&submit.x=44&submit.y=7

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-20 07:18 am   Permalink

Hey now, Cyn and Hanford
Let's not start a mutiny
This is going to be great!_________________
Have no brakes
Cannot stop
Mahalo to you
Baxdog

[ This Message was edited by: thebaxdog on 2002-09-20 07:20 ]

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-20 09:27 am   Permalink

Matterhorn out? Haunted Mansion OUT? Dahmn.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-20 12:16 pm   Permalink

So it looks like lots of Tiki Room, Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder, and Indy at Disneyland. I went to the Mansion last year when it was redone in all it's Nightmare Before Christmas glory and if you missed it last year and get the chance- definitely experience it this time!!

And, if any of you also have season passes and want to hit a couple cool things at California Adventure, I love Soaring Over California, and you gotta see the Blast show before it leaves- very cool!!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2002-09-20 4:03 pm   Permalink

Here are some pics from my last visit to Disneyland, around a year ago, including the haunted mansion done up Nightmare style.

Inside the tiki room (it's ok to photo with no flash, or photo all you want between shows)

Haunted mansion, outside and inside..

I thought it was pretty amazing that they did such a total workover on the ride! The original was always one of my favorite rides.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-20 4:49 pm   Permalink

Lady Velour has some great pictures of the Haunted Mansion Nightmare style. We had to go on it 3 times so she could take pics of everything. I would post them but they are all packed up right now.

A buddy of mine who works for Diz, said they set up all the Nightmare stuff in less than a week. I sure hope they're going to do it this year, too.

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-09-26 11:47 am   Permalink

Is everyone still meeting up for the TIki Room? What's the final word? Please post today!

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-26 12:06 pm   Permalink

martiki6 wrote:

<<Is everyone still meeting up for the TIki Room? What's the final word? Please post today!>>

I can't -- I have to drive back to SF that day and work on Monday.

--cindy

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-26 12:30 pm   Permalink

Martin,
Shelley and I have our Tickets. We're in.
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-26 6:57 pm   Permalink

If I remember it was 4 o'clock at the TIKI room and if you were going early it was 12 o'clock at the bridge to the castle.
That's what we are doing unless someone changes it, and then that is what we are doing. Is everybody clear on this?
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation