FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Question about Da Show in Redondo Beach
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Question about Da Show in Redondo Beach
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-19 3:34 pm   Permalink

Okay. I was an early bird. I woke up at 3:30am to get to Redondo Beach by 6am.

For the first few minutes all I did was pick up mugs, look at the prices and laugh. I'm thinking, "Alright. I'm going home with my wallet in tact." Of course, the more booths I checked out, the more reasonable prices I found.

By 8am, I was out of cash and had written one kind of large check. (I found the Westwood oil and vinegar cruets that I have always wanted. Tiki Quest page 66)

I left shortly after that since I was out of money and the place was really starting to fill up.

All in all, it was a great way to spend a morning.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-19 5:33 pm   Permalink

I got there at about 1:45. There was a lot of good stuff there. Thanks to MTKahuna I got a very cool dress!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-19 8:30 pm   Permalink

I got there at 10:00 and was there quiet a while, I found some good bargains, of coarse I had to bargain. I loved the fried chicken that was recommended. The whole affair was fun, specially everyone was dressed so fun. I left short of spending $450 for this fine Hawaiian girl painting. Fortunately, I got a reality check. O by the way I wish I could have gone to that Hawaiian bakery, but I spend all my money.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-20 10:31 am   Permalink

By the way, there is another DA SHOW this year. It is on SAT Nov. 13, 04. Same place, same everything. See you then.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-20 10:11 pm   Permalink

I got there around 8:30, and found that Bong had already been there and gone! Talked with K.C. and MTKahuna for a while (Tiki Kate – I guess I got there shortly after you made your purchase ‘cause Mike mentioned it to me right away), met up with Johnnie Velour and WheelerIsland (where you been, man? We gotta see more of you – online & in person!) and made the rounds. Saw SugarCaddyDaddy (a.k.a. “Number 2”) and his family – his daughter was busily amassing a large collection of business cards - as well as Big Bro, who picked up a cool drum and made me feel better about not buying a carved Marquesian pole (it was carved ‘all wrong’ apparently...) RiderSouth was there, passing out flyers with a picture of his stolen tiki (keep the faith brah – somebody is gonna know somebody who knows its whereabouts!)

After much shopping, hemming and hawing, finally went home with a nice 2 1/2 ft moai for the garden and a bunch of stickers from K.C.! Took off around noon and finished off the days events with brunch at King’s Hawaiian with Johnnie V and TikiFille. All in all, a very fine day!

Sorry I missed all the other TCers that were there (especially those that came from afar: Sparklegem, TikiKate, Hiltiki) – until we get some sort of "easily recognizable" TikiCentral hats/shirts/pins/whatever, we’ll all continue to walk right by each other without even knowing it...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-20 10:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-20 10:31, hiltiki wrote:
By the way, there is another DA SHOW this year. It is on SAT Nov. 13, 04. Same place, same everything. See you then.

The show in November is called ISLAND FEVER – same place, same organizers, different vendors: it will actually feature all the new and repro Hawaiiana/Surf/Tiki vendors that couldn’t sell at DA SHOW due to it’s “vintage-only” policy.

Here’s the flyer (you gotta have Adobe Acrobat to read it…)
http://www.aloha-cruz.com/island_fever_flyer.pdf
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 1:03 pm   Permalink

and no fo'get ya?!
da real Hawaiian kine show
is coming up towards the end of next month.

July 23,24,25, 2004
at da H.I.C., Honoruru

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-22 02:36 am   Permalink

Quote:
since it's only less than 7 miles from Kings Hawaiian to 'Da Show.

oh man. Kings bread. grew up on it in da 60s and 70s in hawaii as erryone did. great family that owns and runs it.

support em!

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation