FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Elvis or Beatles ??
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Elvis or Beatles ??
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-16 04:55 am   Permalink

I think it's cooler (especially in this forum) to be a king's fan, but i can't help loving the Beatles too...
Am I the only one here ??

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-16 05:09 am   Permalink

Beatles

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Klas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-16 05:20 am   Permalink

The Beatles are good but there's only one king...

www.thesurfites.com

View Profile of Klas Send a personal message to Klas  Goto the website of Klas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KahunaMilu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-16 06:43 am   Permalink

Sergio Mendes (covering the Beatles)

View Profile of KahunaMilu Send a personal message to KahunaMilu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-16 07:49 am   Permalink

Just finish watching "Pulp Fiction" or reading "Garage"? I was just thinking about how in Pulp Fiction they say everything you do in life can be boiled down to an approach that would be supported by Elvis Code or Beatle code. In Garage Magazine it says if you're reading this you're following Elvis code. Which is strange to me because I had already decided I live by Beatle code but enjoy the Kings music much more and think he was cooler. Torn but I'll go with Elvis.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-16 08:16 am   Permalink

John Lennon's account when the Beatles met Elvis.
http://features.absoluteelsewhere.net/ZeKingandI/john_talks_meeting.html

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-05-16 23:39 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-16 11:10 am   Permalink

Beatles all the way for the music, but I love the coolness of the king.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-16 11:41 am   Permalink

Whenever anyone beside Elvis does Jailhouse Rock it sounds like a bad copy, although I think Elvis is more successful in his slow ballads. He's more tiki anyway and with his fondness for bad taste it's no wonder. I can imagine his favorite peanut butter and banana sandwich on tiki restaurant menu as “Tropical Ono Legume Spread” Hee. You gotta love the guy.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-16 12:32 pm   Permalink

The Beatles. Thee greatest most diverse collection of songs/music ever by the same four musicians is the White Album. If you can tell me what Revolution 9 means AND the song after it, then I know you've been there. Where? you ask? If you've been there, or if someone told you, you wouldn't have to ask.
John Lennon was a musical genius. The greatest musician/songwriter ever, hands down.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader on 2004-05-16 12:55 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-16 1:09 pm   Permalink

Loner that I am...I have always felt isolated and alone on the planet in my strong dislike of The Beatles (unpopular as my opinion might be). Although I'm thankful for their existence, they've influenced plenty of wonderful bands that I do like.
Viva ELVIS!

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-05-16 14:25 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-16 1:32 pm   Permalink

When I was younger, I had a cabinet company. My partner and I would buy over-runs from a huge company and sell them at swap-meets. Orange Coast College had a swap-meet every Sunday. Each week we were placed between a lady who sold T-shirts and an Elvis Impersonator. The T-shirt Lady would listen to the syndicated radio program "Breakfast with the Beatles" and the Elvis impersonator would Karioke Elvis tunes all day. Call it too much of a good thing, but, to this day I can't hear either without thinking of that damn swap-meet. If I have to choose, Elvis, hands down.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-16 1:41 pm   Permalink

The Beatles, no question about it.

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DesertFlamingo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-05-16 2:20 pm   Permalink

*raises hand* I love 'em both.

View Profile of DesertFlamingo Send a personal message to DesertFlamingo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-16 2:43 pm   Permalink

The Beatles never tried to have Elvis kicked out of the country by the CIA.

Oh, and the song for the first dance at my wedding was "Something."

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-16 2:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-16 12:32, Jungle Trader wrote:
...then I know you've been there. Where? you ask? If you've been there, or if someone told you, you wouldn't have to ask.

Sounds like a night I had about 15 years ago. Me and 2 other friends with nothing better to do drinking a case of beer. One guys breaks out Fool on the Hill and keeps playing it over and over. Asking us if we know what it means. I'm not really sure he did either but he kept playing it over and over and over. Still don't know what he thought it meant.
I took a Beatles class in Community College a few years later and finally found out the songs true meaning along with the meaning of Nowegian Wood. It's really a song about....what's that noise. The Cicadas? It's getting closer..louder.......Oh my Goahhhhghhhhh...

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation