FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » King Kukulele Presents Tiki Taix IV on May 28th!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
King Kukulele Presents Tiki Taix IV on May 28th!
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-17 04:59 am   Permalink

King Kukulele is keeping the spirit of the Tiki Oasis IV alive at Tiki Taix IV in Echo Park for all of you. Its a Kuku Kornucopia of Kick-Ass Kraziness. Speaking of Kraziness, C’Al may show up at 2am...he’s going to be selling out performing for “The Man” in Burbank. (You know I would never do that!)

Friday May 28th, 2004 and every last Friday of the Month 10PM No
Cover

The Smokin’ Menehunes are here at last!! Come welcome this Rockin Hapa Haole combo in their debut musical performance at Tiki Taix!

AND!

Another amazing surprise from the world of Miehana’s Musical Mele!

ALSO!!

A very special, rare Video Tiki Tour inside the home of “The Book of Tiki” author Sven Kirsten. Lucky for us he is in Germany at this time which means we may take a look into his underwear drawer and also we may get a glimpse of his upcoming book on Witco.

PLUS!

A brief look at the Tiki Diablo / King Kukulele European Tour 2004. See the South London Pacific tiki bar and Berlin’s unfinished Tiki Room.

AND!

King Kukulele will perform as of yet un-written songs! Never heard before and never to be heard again. Improvised right before you very ears.

ALSO!

Iuka Grogg attempts once again the amazing live sattelite link to cousin Rod Grogg live at the Tiki Ti!!

PLUS!

The debut of a new monthly installment of “Mai-TaiKus”. Written and performed by Tiki Bong!

Join us for this one night only night one time. We'll be at Tiki Taix 1911 Sunset Blvd. in Echo Park 90026 One block north of the lagoon.

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-17 1:10 pm   Permalink

count me in! Your CD is awesome King! It's been my backyard music since coming back from the Oasis!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-17 1:40 pm   Permalink

King, that last post reminded me: Will you have any of your CD's for sale at the Tiki Taix?

I really need one bad!!!!

View Profile of tiki mick Send a personal message to tiki mick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-17 4:05 pm   Permalink

New MONTHLY installment of Mai-TaiKus by Bong? That would mean he'd actually have to travel up there every month from the O.C.? Unheard of. I'll believe it when I see it.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-18 7:49 pm   Permalink

Heyloha Tiki Mick and Floratina and Suburban Pagan,
Thanks for the vote of confidence Pagan, someday I'd like to hear it playing in your backyard, that's nice to know. I will have CDs available at Tiki Taix and hopefully by May 28th you'll really need TWO Tiki Mick. And oh yeah, the monthly installment of Mai Tai-kus is going to be innaugerated (thats a tough word to spell) by the inimitible (thats tougher) Tiki Bong! He will have help from others whenever he is stranded in OC. As we all know Trader Pup turned this very zen poetic activity into a cut throat competition at his Fabulous East Indies Room Grand Opening party in the summer of 2003 and he's quite capable of Mai Tai-kuing with the best of them....STAY TUNED!

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 4:29 pm   Permalink

If anybody was wondering about the food situation at Tiki Taix, you'll have a full menu of French cuisine (trés Tahiti) from between $10 and $20 including steaks, fish, and chicken dinners. You can also get snails and frog legs and the best damn clam chowder in America! BUTT the kitchen closes at 10pm which is showtime. I suggest you arrive early and get a table in the lounge, order early and eat during the show...isn't that how they used to do it at the Don Ho show?

floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 5:05 pm   Permalink

The food at Taix is very yummy.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-21 11:07 am   Permalink

Great! the Menehunes! when I might have to miss them! now I'll never get Bong and the Little Smoke'n Mothers up the Purple Orchid for a little jam'n Sat Night...

All should go see this great band when there in LA!!!!

King! is THE KIiiiiiiiiNG!!!!!!!
Bringing you the Best in Tantalizing Tiki Talents every Last Friday of the Month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al on 2004-05-21 11:09 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-21 7:47 pm   Permalink

i AM the king!

For all you who live somewhere other than the SoCal region this is a lame reference to a lame commercial by the King of Big Screen TVs...kind of a local Crazy Eddies TV's, only -- WHOA WAIT A MINUTE !! Hey, Al! We are to tiki what Crazy Eddie and the King of Big Screen TV's are to...tvs. Crazy and Kingly.

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-21 7:51 pm   Permalink

...activation required...
I can't wait for the Smokers and Kuke playing my song.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GiantRobotTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-05-21 7:57 pm   Permalink

I'm not coming unless you promise to incorporate the "Official Star Trekky" salutes between the songs.

View Profile of GiantRobotTiki Send a personal message to GiantRobotTiki  Email GiantRobotTiki Goto the website of GiantRobotTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-21 8:56 pm   Permalink

hey king! at least you didn't break out with......"or your mattress is FRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

"You're killing me Larry!"

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifille
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-21 9:06 pm   Permalink

Crazy Al is playing for "The man" in Burbank? Which man? I'm in Burbank but I'm not the man. What's up in my hood that I don't know about. FYI Burbank= Mayberry, if you've never been.

View Profile of tikifille Send a personal message to tikifille      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-22 10:50 am   Permalink

To whom it may concern Tikifille. This thread is to announce a show called Tiki Taix in Echo Park NOT Burbank. And if Al wants to sell out to the man at a Private Party that YOU CAN'T GO TO in Burbank thats no concern of this thread. If I had known that you had an insatiable rabid obsession for Crazy Al I would never have mentioned it. Maybe Al is just too afraid to show up to Tiki Taix. Normally I would commence making chicken noises right now but thats really hard to spell out. So anyway back to the thread, "At Tiki Taix your show is FREEEEEE!! Your Killing me Tikifille!" And you may even hear some Star Trek....but not in Burbank.

GiantBruno

Posted: 2004-05-22 3:11 pm   Permalink

KING! I mean your majesty sir,

I had to speak up!
Chickens go:
Bwuk Bwuk Bwuk BekCawwk! ad infinitum
(that wasn't too hard to type)

GiantBruno

View Profile of GiantBruno Send a personal message to GiantBruno  Email GiantBruno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation