Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Uga Booga! at Tiki-Ti
Uga Booga! at Tiki-Ti
Tonnikan Jinn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-17 9:50 pm   Permalink

I went Tiki-Ti last Saturday, and had my first Uga Booga. WOW!!! That is one helluva drink.

Does anyone out there in Tikiland know what goes in to it (besides a LOT of Myers)?

I would love to go there every chance I have a hankering for one, but it is over 100 miles away. I would at least like to try to replicate it at home to pacify myself until I can get back there. My tastes aren't refined enough to figure it out on my own.

-T.J.

View Profile of Tonnikan Jinn Send a personal message to Tonnikan Jinn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-05-18 3:00 pm   Permalink

Most of those recipes are top secret, but if you haven't already, you should definitely take the time to make their Puka Punch from Intoxica!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonnikan Jinn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-18 3:27 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I know they are secret but I was hoping that someone here either goti it out of Mike or they figured it out on their own.
BTW, I will be making the Puka Punch tonight!

-T.J.

View Profile of Tonnikan Jinn Send a personal message to Tonnikan Jinn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mriddle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-18 3:33 pm   Permalink

THey may not tell you whats in it, but the bar is so small, you can literally watch what they put in each drink.

View Profile of mriddle Send a personal message to mriddle  Email mriddle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-05-18 11:16 pm   Permalink

But a lot of their bottles are unmarked, so there is still some guessing required.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonnikan Jinn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-19 11:03 am   Permalink

I suppose if one were to sit there long enough watching and asking what each bottle was, you could figure it out.... but by that point I'd probably forget where I parked my car, much less remember what all the bottles were.

-T.J.

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-19 12:58 pm   Permalink

Unga Bunga needa Uga Booga!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-05-20 2:55 pm   Permalink

Not a bad drink, the Uga Booga. I can't quite place all the flavors in there. The Myers's certainly dominates both the flavor and the color, but I detect a hint of cherry something in there and other stuff. I usually only have two drinks when I go to Tiki-Ti, usually a Ray's Mistake and soomething I haven't tried before. At that rate it may be a while until I get around to an Uga Booga again.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonnikan Jinn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 7:30 pm   Permalink

Anyone else out there have an idea what goes in to an Uga Booga?

I am still dying for one, but I'm not up to driving 120 miles tonight to get one.

-T.J.

[ This Message was edited by: Tonnikan Jinn on 2004-08-27 07:04 ]

Tonnikan Jinn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-29 11:18 pm   Permalink

I'm still dreaming about having an Uga Booga at home. Since there has been a bunch of other Tiki Ti talk here lately... HELP!!!

-T.J.

Tonnikan Jinn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-22 5:47 pm   Permalink

Bump... since the Ti is in recent discussion.

Still looking for some more insight on this fabulous drink. I plan of going on 12/28, so maybe I'll get some more ideas on this drink as well as the Rays Mistake.

-T.J.

pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-22 7:44 pm   Permalink

You're pathetic.
All entranced over some delicious, chilled, flavorful, tropical...uhhhh...

...what was I saying?

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-23 1:27 pm   Permalink

I remember the Ti, it was only a few months ago...

Out of the 8 drinks went through while we were there, I only remember my cousin having a Blood and Sand, my wife having an Uga Booga, and someone had a Missionary's Downfall...
mmmmmm, I can't wait to get home from work tonight...

View Profile of Jawa Send a personal message to Jawa  Email Jawa Goto the website of Jawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-23 3:34 pm   Permalink

Hey Jawa - I was there in Oct. Had the Mistake, Uga Booga, and a Zombie. And I would LOVE to at least know how to throw together the Uga Booga. If I knew how to make the Mistake I'd end up an instant alchoholic!

Man I miss the Ti...

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-05 11:40 am   Permalink

Yes, many of their bottles are unmarked. There seems to be a standard base mix that goes into a lot of the drinks. I can only speculate as to what it is...lime and pinapple juice, guava/pineapple/sweetNsour? who knows. Crack that enigma and you should be pretty well on your way to figuring some of the drinks out.

I know the Tiki Ti recipes are secret and many would like to see them stay that way. There is something about the mystery that makes them taste just a little bit better.....mmm my mind is wondering (drool).....

[ This Message was edited by: Digitiki 2006-01-05 11:41 ]

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation