FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » (Yet Another) Disney Attraction Movie - The Jungle Cruise
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
(Yet Another) Disney Attraction Movie - The Jungle Cruise
BaronV
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-05-18 02:47 am   Permalink

Saw this on the Internet Movie Databases's "Studio Briefing" page for 18 May 04...

http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/#1

"Disney To Base New Movie on Jungle Cruise Ride

The Walt Disney Co. is planning to turn another one of its theme-park attractions into a movie -- this time, it's the Jungle Cruise. "It's completely inspired by and relates to the ride and will contain elements of the ride in the story," producer David Hoberman told today's (Monday) Hollywood Reporter. Disney has had mixed results in converting theme-park rides into movies, scoring strongly with Pirates of the Caribbean, but drawing relatively small crowds with films based on its Haunted Mansion and Bear Country attractions."

i'm hoping for a horror movie based on "It's A Small World" to come out next. Just picture it, a group of teenagers get locked in the ride overnight...

View Profile of BaronV Send a personal message to BaronV  Email BaronV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-18 07:40 am   Permalink

Dear God, no....

Here's a thought - how about some new, creative ideas for a film...? Anyone....? Hello....

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-18 07:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-18 07:40, Tangaroa wrote:
Dear God, no....

Here's a thought - how about some new, creative ideas for a film...? Anyone....? Hello....

"Tiki Central: The Movie..."

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-18 09:33 am   Permalink

It's not going to end too terribly soon, they've got to work their way up to the Tower of Terror yet.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-18 09:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-18 09:33, purple jade wrote:
It's not going to end too terribly soon, they've got to work their way up to the Tower of Terror yet.

They already did, back in '97:

Tower of Terror (starring Steve Guttenberg!)

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-18 6:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-18 07:40, Tangaroa wrote:

My thought exactly! What the hell is up with Hollywood? How many movies based on existing movies, TV shows, comic books, cartoons and amusement park rides will we have to be exposed to? You notice I didn't say watch because the majority of this recycled trash isn't fit for human consumption! We've been presented with 5(?)Batman movies, a sequel to Scoobie Doo, The Haunted Mansion, another Spiderman, 2 X-Men movies, blah blah blah!!! I'm just waiting for a movie based on a TV commercial! Okay I've got it! The Tidy Bowl Man is stranded when his boat is capsized and flushed away during a violent toilet overflow after a Huggies Brand diaper is stuffed down the toilet! Now Mr. Tidy is befriended by the Snuggle Fabric Softener bear, the super macho Mr. Clean and the Scrubbing Bubbles Posse as they embark on an adventure that will take them out of the house and into the gigantic scary world outside. Kinda like a brand-name consumer products road movie as they search for Mr. Bowl's lost yacht! Somebody get me in touch with an agent!! I've got the makings of an original screenplay!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-18 7:50 pm   Permalink

I'm a fan of sequels. I'd rather see a shitty sequel than a shitty original movie any day.

I also think basing movies off of rides is cool if they can do it well becuase it gives us more insight into the rides. Assuming it is done well.

I'm hoping the Jungle Cruise comes out great. I really do.

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-18 7:51 pm   Permalink

PS my guess is Jungle Cruise the movie is going to end up very Gilligan's Islandish.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-18 8:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Oof, straight to video, I assume?...and with Steve Guttenberg and Nia Peeples, that's just so surprising! Did they do a Rock'n'RollerCoaster one that I missed too?

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-19 06:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-18 09:37, Humuhumu wrote:

What I want to know is...Did you look that up on IMDB or have you actually seen it?:)

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-19 07:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-19 06:46, Turbogod wrote:
What I want to know is...Did you look that up on IMDB or have you actually seen it?:)

TikiBob & I saw it in the gift shop as we were exiting from riding the Tower of Terror in Orlando a few weeks ago. Somehow, we resisted the urge to buy it.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-19 12:03 pm   Permalink

Here's what I'd like to see:

"Club 33: The Motion Picture"

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-19 12:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-18 19:50, hanford_lemoore wrote:
I'm hoping the Jungle Cruise comes out great. I really do.

~Hanford

Blecccccccgh.

Harper Goff based the original design on
"The African Queen". Rent that instead.

[ This Message was edited by: Tangaroa on 2004-05-19 12:12 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tangaroa on 2004-05-19 12:14 ]

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-19 1:01 pm   Permalink

I have seen the Tower of Terror movie. It was produced specifically for a Wonderful World of Disney episode (Sunday nights on ABC). This was part of Eisner's "synergy" strategy.

So, in that context, it was not as bad as it could have been. But overall incredibly bad. Notice the movie makes no reference to the Twilight Zone. I guess Disney did not want to pay for TV rights to that name.

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-19 1:37 pm   Permalink

Hey, If we all pitch in, we can buy the name “junglecruise.com” for only $2888.00!
http://www.junglecruise.com before Michale Eisner buys it.
Then we'll black male him into building a top notch Trader Vics restaurant in Adventureland for the dot com name!
Ya Unga, that’ll happen.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation