FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events MOTOR CITY TIKI ART SHOW & PARTY - June 19, 2004

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
MOTOR CITY TIKI ART SHOW & PARTY - June 19, 2004
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-11 12:27 pm   Permalink

Well, I'd hate to speak for him (his CPU is on the fritz though), but he seems to carve out of real artistic compulsion; he's not expecting to make a living or a huge profit, he just carves because that's what he does to keep busy and happy. He told me that if his work pays for his Hukilau trip, then he's pretty thrilled.

Jimmy's a hell of a guy on top of that, so I think it is just in his personality to sell his work affordably.

Granted he's a friend of mine and I want to support his work, but really... this stuff he has in the shop right now will just kill ya dead. You may want to drive a pick up down in August, 'cause his new larger tikis are the best I've seen from him. I'm going to shoot some pics of it all for him here soon, so I'll post 'em. I'm talking to him about setting up a website to show of his work, so you might be seeing that soon as well.

Ahu

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation