FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Grogalizer is back!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Grogalizer is back!
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-23 12:28 pm   Permalink

I have a good supply of the 151. I am down to my final bottle of the regular strength. I'll look into GatroRob's source when I get ready to order again this summer. I just unpacked my bar, and now I know what I have and don't have. Glad to see I have a spare bottle of TV Passion Fruit Syrup as The Bum says they have changed the recipe far for the worse.

In celebration, I made 3 new recipes from the books last night. Nice to be crossing them off the list again.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mytah
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-23 2:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-23 12:28, Swanky wrote:
I have a spare bottle of TV Passion Fruit Syrup as The Bum says they have changed the recipe far for the worse.

Really? Damn. I just got a bottle of TV yesterday and was stoked. When was the change? any elaboration?

View Profile of Mytah Send a personal message to Mytah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-24 06:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-23 14:13, Mytah wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-04-23 12:28, Swanky wrote:
I have a spare bottle of TV Passion Fruit Syrup as The Bum says they have changed the recipe far for the worse.

Really? Damn. I just got a bottle of TV yesterday and was stoked. When was the change? any elaboration?

From what he said, they no longer make it with natural ingredients and it is more akin to kool aid now. I have not had any myself.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-24 4:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-24 06:37, Swanky wrote:
From what he said, they no longer make it with natural ingredients and it is more akin to kool aid now.

What the... huh? WHAT?!? I'VE ONLY GOT ONE BOTTLE LEFT!!!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-24 5:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-24 16:53, GatorRob wrote:
What the... huh? WHAT?!? I'VE ONLY GOT ONE BOTTLE LEFT!!!

While you still have that bottle, how about trying to make some homemade until you get a similar taste?

Some previous attempts at home-made passion fruit syrup are here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=19410&forum=10&27

I'm sure that a bunch of us would appreciate your efforts!

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-27 5:19 pm   Permalink

I hate to compwain Mr. Swanky but even with IE 7, I can't leave a ten-word comment in da Grogalyzer. On the plus side, I can go back to Firefox.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 11:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-27 17:19, pappythesailor wrote:
I hate to compwain Mr. Swanky but even with IE 7, I can't leave a ten-word comment in da Grogalyzer. On the plus side, I can go back to Firefox.

Well Fudge Stripe! Geez. Well, we found the problem today. After messing with it, it was clear. POsted with apostrophes and quotes were causing sql errors! It has nothing to do with size. A little htmlspecialchars and well be good to go again...

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-29 6:22 pm   Permalink

Thanks for your hard work on the Grogalyzer and things tiki.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-11 12:33 pm   Permalink

I have been intending to add actual recipes into the Grogalizer, and I have started with a bang! Now on the Grogalizer, when you have the appropriate ingredients, you will be given the recipes for 3 of Basement Kahuna's personal creations, as well as the top three recipes from the Tiki Central Drink Contest. These recipes need to be utilized more often and this is a great way for the serious mixologists to get them into action.

In the future I hope to start adding vintage recipes from various books. For now, I have added these 6 winners.

The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-13 10:24 am   Permalink

Hi Swanky,

Yesterday we (Waitiki) found ourselves in a pinch, on Block Island, about to do a show, and NO DRINKS!! *(By that I mean, of course, what civilized tikiphiles the world over consider "drinks")* We asked about drinks at the club, and they said, "Oh, yeah, we'll make anything you want!" I asked about cocktails and the response was, "Sure, we got a special today, Captain and Coke, $6!" I asked about Mai Tai's, and got a blank stare.

Mr. Ho says to me, "I wish there were some on-line resource we could consult here." Thinking quickly, I told him about the Grogalizer! He asked if it were handheld friendly, and I assured him that I sure hoped so. Surely, I thought, Swanky, being the practical-minded drinker that he is, as well as the thirst-irstiest of them all, would have foreseen this set of circumstances, and made the appropriate contingencies for handheld accessibility. Well, we were able to log in, get the ingredients on hand entered, but we were kept waiting for a response that never came. Is this something that can be looked into for future such contingencies? Mr. Ho uses a Palm Treo on Sprint.

On behalf of Waitiki, OKU, and the entire village of Okonkuluku, I thank you for your attention.
The Mayor Of Exotica

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-13 10:39 am   Permalink

I've been at a couple of bars recently where I needed the ingredients of certain cocktails to guide the bartender. My source was www.wiki.webtender.com and fairly easily accessible on my Treo.

Post your own recipes if they're not already there.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-13 10:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-13 10:24, The Mayor Of Exotica wrote:
Hi Swanky,

Yesterday we (Waitiki) found ourselves in a pinch, on Block Island, about to do a show, and NO DRINKS!! *(By that I mean, of course, what civilized tikiphiles the world over consider "drinks")* We asked about drinks at the club, and they said, "Oh, yeah, we'll make anything you want!" I asked about cocktails and the response was, "Sure, we got a special today, Captain and Coke, $6!" I asked about Mai Tai's, and got a blank stare.

Mr. Ho says to me, "I wish there were some on-line resource we could consult here." Thinking quickly, I told him about the Grogalizer! He asked if it were handheld friendly, and I assured him that I sure hoped so. Surely, I thought, Swanky, being the practical-minded drinker that he is, as well as the thirst-irstiest of them all, would have foreseen this set of circumstances, and made the appropriate contingencies for handheld accessibility. Well, we were able to log in, get the ingredients on hand entered, but we were kept waiting for a response that never came. Is this something that can be looked into for future such contingencies? Mr. Ho uses a Palm Treo on Sprint.

On behalf of Waitiki, OKU, and the entire village of Okonkuluku, I thank you for your attention.
The Mayor Of Exotica

Hmmm. Ms Swanky uses a Palm Treo as well. I will have to investigate. It might simply be an issue of speed, but I'll try it with hers and see if I get a response. If not, then look for wap.swankpad.org/grogalizer...

Honestly, it is nothing more than a table, so, no special html that won't work. The only issue might be the way the forms are posted, but, if you can log in, it is unlikely there would be any issues with that afterwards.

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky 2007-06-13 10:45 ]

Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-13 12:28 pm   Permalink

OKon.!

yea, i think it's form-related. i had to use google to look up the site - and I got googles wap-friendly conversion page served up. i logged in with tim's credentials and i think i passed it since i got the checkboxes and began selecting items. however, upon posting the form, the response was a blank page (or missing the main body area). are you using straight, validated xhtml for the site? that would be a good start...or maybe we could write a wap-friendly front-end for tiki handheld users (mr. ho happens to be a long-time UI designer too

mr ho
http://orchestrotica.com/ ••• New album Nov. 2013

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-18 07:26 am   Permalink

Tried and tested with Palm Treo. Works fine, but it is slow for the page of recipes info to load. It has to all get generated before you see anything. Patience!

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-21 07:16 am   Permalink

We are working on adding Sippin Safari to the Grogalizer. We have all the new ingredients in the system, but only about 1/4 of the recipes, if that. I'll let you know when they are all there. Should be done this week sometime.

I am not sure what you will see with all the recipes that have a name only in there and no ingredient list. You may have a large number of false positive recipe hits. Sorry. It'll be fixed soon enough.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation