FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Who is going to the Hale Tiki Grand Opening?
Who is going to the Hale Tiki Grand Opening?
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-19 09:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-17 19:12, Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens wrote:
By the way. I hope that many of you come up for this event this weekend. It will be a blast.

Brad,

Looking forward to being there and I will not start a "constructive criticism" thread afterwards. I promise.

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-19 09:59 am   Permalink

I'll be there and Pablus will be there, with guests.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-19 4:26 pm   Permalink

I'll be there Saturday.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-19 6:23 pm   Permalink

And I will be sitting for hours at the Baccalaureate Service for our graduating seniors (where my attendance is REQUIRED), uncomfortably shifting in my hot, non-breathable cap and gown, being just-ever-so the model teacher for my students...

...and wishing like Hell I were in Augusta, Georgia (never thought I'd say THOSE words together), filling my beautiful cobalt blue Hale Tiki mug, in his proper environment, with numerous thirst-quenching libations poured by the handsome bartender/owner Brad, admiring the handiwork of Bamboo Ben, Crazy Al and especially Basement Kahuna (among others. I consider these y'all's collective Sistene Chapel.)

*sigh*

I will toast in your honor, gentlemen!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-19 11:18 pm   Permalink

The girlfriend and I are tentatively planning (depends on time and transport issues) to drive over there from our vacation in Charleston for awhile Friday night. If you see a guy in a red tiki mug pattern shirt taking way too many pictures of the decor, thats probably me.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 06:49 am   Permalink

Number 1 son and I will be there Saturday.

-JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 07:37 am   Permalink

I'll be there Saturday night. Can't wait to see everyone!

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 08:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-19 23:18, tikijackalope wrote:
The girlfriend and I are tentatively planning (depends on time and transport issues) to drive over there from our vacation in Charleston for awhile Friday night. If you see a guy in a red tiki mug pattern shirt taking way too many pictures of the decor, thats probably me.

Tikijackalope,

I live in Charleston. Where are you staying? Doing anything interesting while in town? Sorry, there is not more to do tiki-wise in Charleston.

tb

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 11:04 am   Permalink

i need to be back in LA by Sunday morning... any one i can hitch a ride with and get me back by then...

live it up you guys and take many pics!!!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 8:34 pm   Permalink

I'm looking forward to these 2 nights like a trip to the islands.

I saw some of the napkins, swizzle sticks and other wonderful items from the Hale Tiki and it looks to be a first class experience.

I hear you've even got Pimento.

Your puny drink menu will be vanquished with haste. The Concubine looks particularly inviting. I haven't had one since BK worked me out at the Kon Tiki Paradis Room.

I've got my little koa beauty with me.
Get ready to sing.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 9:32 pm   Permalink

Who all will be there Friday?

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 9:55 pm   Permalink

Pablus and I and friends will be there Friday.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-21 01:03 am   Permalink

Susan and I are headed down on Saturday. Gonna try to get into town early enough to crawl all over it for hours and hours. Can't wait to see/meet everybody! Gonna do our best to raise the Drink Sales Meter as high as it will go!

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation