FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Mister Tiki (San Diego) - Saturday, June 12th - Who's In?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Mister Tiki (San Diego) - Saturday, June 12th - Who's In?
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-09 08:05 am   Permalink

Even though we may be able to leave earlier, with the unpredictable traffic and parking, I'll have to say we're still gonna miss dinner. We will, however, be there to suck 'em up shortly thereafter, so save seats for us!

Ran-- I just e-mailed you about your couch...

MachTiki - What's the name of your band? I've got a brother in Cardiff & maybe he'll get over to check you guys out (if he hasn't already - Cardiff is a pretty small town...)!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-09 08:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-09 08:05, Doctor Z wrote:

MachTiki - What's the name of your band? I've got a brother in Cardiff & maybe he'll get over to check you guys out (if he hasn't already - Cardiff is a pretty small town...)!

The Justin Brothers. And yeah, no reason to have your bro make a special trip for this Saturday... Chances are he's already seen us before since we've been playing every Saturday at "The Beach House" for almost 10 years.

Thanks for asking

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-09 11:56 pm   Permalink

MR.TIKI IS NOW OPEN! My wife, Lisa & I live here in San Diego. We were the first customers to sit down at the bar and have a mai tai. Whahoo! This is actually our 1st post on TIKI CENTRAL but we met many of you at Tiki Oasis. We FINALLY registered. Anyways, back to Mister Tiki, the place looks great. BOSKO did some great work.....there's even a drink named after him on the menu. Just a note to those who have kids....the place is 21 & up ONLY...no kids allowed (not even in the restaurant area). Some people wanted to have dinner with their baby and they wouldn't let them in.

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-10 12:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-09 23:56, MEAN GENE wrote:
Some people wanted to have dinner with their baby and they wouldn't let them in.

That's Mean Gene!
Welcome to Tiki Central!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-10 03:26 am   Permalink

MEAN GENE, Welcome to Tiki Central! You could possibly be their first repeat customer if you return with this group on Saturday. Are you joining us?

sirginn, did you ever decide if you were going?

Anyone else that's interested, you'll need to decide quickly. If I don't give them an accurate reservation count, I can't guarantee that we'll all have a seat. Please check page 4 of this thread for the most updated reservation list.

Mahalo!

ModMana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Weence
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-10 12:27 pm   Permalink

Hi everyone.......this is "MRS. MEAN GENE". Just registered, so this is my 1st post. We'll be there Saturday night as well.
ModMana: Thanks for adding us on the list.
Wanted to add.... that when we sat down at the bar last night, they bought us the 1st round of drinks since we were their 1st customers. Everyone was really nice. Also...They expect that they will be packed Sat night, so best to come early. I know the doors dont open til 5:30, but the earlier you get there, the better chance of getting a somewhat decent parking space. UGH!!!!
-weence

View Profile of Weence Send a personal message to Weence  Email Weence Goto the website of Weence     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-10 1:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-10 12:27, Weence wrote:

They expect that they will be packed Sat night, so best to come early. I know the doors dont open til 5:30, but the earlier you get there, the better chance of getting a somewhat decent parking space.

Well Utop & I wont be leaving LA till 5, so if someone sees us outside could you please smuggle us drinks.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-10 10:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-10 12:27, Weence wrote:
I know the doors dont open til 5:30, but the earlier you get there, the better chance of getting a somewhat decent parking space. UGH!!!!
-weence

We're planning on heading down there about 5:00 and parking in the Horton Plaza lot (about two blocks away). I think you can park there for 3 Hrs if you get a validation @ one of the stores (just buy something small). The last time I had jury duty down there it worked pretty well. If you excede the hours, you can get another validation or just pay the xtra hours. At any rate it beats a parking ticket or a tow.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
UtopianDreem
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-06-11 11:15 am   Permalink

Found more info regarding parking at Horton Plaza on their webpage How to Get There:
"Parking lot rates are $1 per every 15 minutes. You can receive three hours of free parking by making a purchase at any retailer at Horton Plaza. Parking garage is open 24 hours a day--rates apply all hours."

The page also lists driving directions for anyone interested.

[ This Message was edited by: UtopianDreem on 2004-06-11 11:15 ]

View Profile of UtopianDreem Send a personal message to UtopianDreem  Email UtopianDreem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikisurfer

Posted: 2004-06-11 11:33 am   Permalink

I work about 2 blocks away and stopped by yesterday - really nice looking inside! Horton plaza is the way to go for parking. 3 hours free with validation - Starbucks is a good option right as you leave the mall.

View Profile of tikisurfer Send a personal message to tikisurfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-11 2:11 pm   Permalink

Hey Guys, Mean Gene here!
When Lisa and I went on opening day, there were only two old guys with boring aloha shirts on. I think it's important for us all to make a statement and show San Diego whats up! So were your swanky savage duds. Hopefully Mr. Tiki will help San Diego wake up and smell the Tiki.

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-11 2:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-11 14:11, MEAN GENE wrote:
When Lisa and I went on opening day, there were only two old guys with boring aloha shirts on. I think it's important for us all to make a statement and show San Diego whats up! So were your swanky savage duds. Hopefully Mr. Tiki will help San Diego wake up and smell the Tiki.

WEAR not were, duh.

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-11 2:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-11 14:17, MEAN GENE wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-06-11 14:11, MEAN GENE wrote:

WEAR not were, duh.

I can't, my Ti-D-Bol blue tuxedo's in storage & I'm wearing my Creamsicle-orange Hawaiian shirt today. B) Hopefully the Hawaiian shirt I wear tomorrow won't be too boring.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-11 2:44 pm   Permalink

Can't wait, guys! The folks I work with are getting very used to seeing my backpack in my office on Fridays. They no longer ask "Are you going somewhere for the weekend?" Now they ask "So, where to this weekend?" And this weekend, it's San Diego.

I'm heading down immediately after work to have dinner at
The Islands at the Hanalei Red Lion. If anyone cares to join me at dinner, please feel free! 206-349-1362

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-11 6:06 pm   Permalink

What to wear oh what to wear?

I am struggling between a Tapa Print Sport Coat and slacks or Vintage Barkcloth Shirt and Jeans.

What is the consensus are we dressing UP or going Aloha all the way?

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation