FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Safeway Tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Safeway Tiki
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-25 9:20 pm   Permalink

Hey 8ft, let me know if you find any around here. I'll be looking too, and I'll drop you a note if I find 'em first!

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-25 9:48 pm   Permalink

They carry the whole line at Stater Brothers in So Cal. I found table cloth weights also.

The company that makes them is based in Rancho Cucamonga.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-26 07:31 am   Permalink

How come you guys on the West Coast get everything? First the damn cool tiki plaques at home depot, now this! I live in Florida, which is the same thing as California, but on the East Coast. We're tropical too! Where's the damn tiki? I could hardly even find those bottles at TJ Maxx either. waaaa waaaa!
"Want a beer?'"...."It's 7:00 in the morning!"...."Scotch?"...."Not during working hours."

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-26 07:39 am   Permalink

8 ft. & SilverLine, the KC Star Food Section today has an article on bamboo products that lists the following info the tiki stuff (with photos):

"Bamboo is tiki chic with the new line of Bradshaw International bbq tools. The company does 2 styles of bamboo-handled tools...under the Good Cook brand name & typically carried by Osco Drugs &" (brace yourself) "Walgreens. For information call 800-421-6290."

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-26 3:42 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:24 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-26 6:30 pm   Permalink

I called the 1-800# that KC Tiki provided & they are happy to look up the stores in your area that are carrying the Tiki items - they did say that it is mostly grocery stores. But not Albertson's stores (including Jewel/Osco), as they did not buy the Tiki items.

So - after the call, I checked Pick'n Save here in Wisconsin (not related to the CA stores...) & scored the Corn Holders, which are SO cute & a couple table cloths (they are super-thin) - but the ones with the drink recipes are cute. They also had the utensils with the tikis burned into the wooden handle. So - if you are in or near Wisconsin, check out Pick'n Save - probably will want to try the bigger stores, as they are more likely to have room for this stuff.

I did pick-up 3 extra sets, which I am willing to send out to TCers at what I paid + actual shipping cost - send me an email/message if interested.....

Happy Hunting!!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-26 7:14 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:25 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-26 7:48 pm   Permalink

Exoticat - when I saw your pic I wuz jonesin' bad for those tiki corn holders! So I went to my local Von's Supermarket (Safeway affiliate in these parts) today and asked an employee about the possible whereabouts of the tiki cornholders. He took me straight to the foot care section of the medicine isle. I thanked him & proceeded to conduct my own search but no luck. DENIED!!!

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-26 8:14 pm   Permalink

I found the Corn holders at a Stater Bros. out towards Valencia (Calif.) and a tiki oven mit. (now if I only had a tiki oven). Haven't seen the other stuff.

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-29 7:15 pm   Permalink

I'm heading out for a week of adventure in Sunriver, OR, pretty soon. I'll be gone for about a week, but when I return if anyone still hasn't scored on some Tiki cornholders I can see if they still have them at Top Foods and pick them up for you. Until then, good luck!

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-30 01:54 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:29 ]

SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-30 8:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Shipwreckjoey wrote:
...I went to my local Von's Supermarket (Safeway affiliate in these parts) today and asked an employee about the possible whereabouts of the tiki cornholders. He took me straight to the foot care section of the medicine isle....

That is the frickin' funniest thing I've read all week!

[ This Message was edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2004-05-30 20:59 ]

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-31 7:41 pm   Permalink

Ok, I stopped off at Top Foods and picked up four of the Tiki Corncob holders. We'll see who still needs them when i return in about a week. Won't be online until then either. You can duke it out during that time, if needed.

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-31 8:06 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:33 ]

naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-09 11:23 am   Permalink

I just came back from Safeway's tiki supply center and it looks like they replaced the tiki corn holders with the familiar ones shaped like corn cobs. The kicker is they are wrapped in the tiki logo packaging like the other merchandise. I wonder if they're keen to the idea that this group helped sell them out or they think there's been a big run on corn cob holders and had to replace them pronto. Let them gather dust and demand your tiki corn on the cob holder!

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation