FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki South Pacific WWII Photos (Warning: Lots o' Boobs! & 4 Balls)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
South Pacific WWII Photos (Warning: Lots o' Boobs! & 4 Balls)
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-21 2:53 pm   Permalink

(Warning: Lots o' Boobs! & 4 Balls)

I only count 2.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mexatiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-05-21 4:57 pm   Permalink

Aloha and Hola, the photographer on the Japanese Hula Honey is Fritz Kraft...he did most of the souvenir type photo packets for the GI's....her name is Esther Sanoda....I used to have quite a few pics of her, once selling at a show in Oahu an old man screamed when he saw the pics on my table and he looked up and said "I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE ESTHER AGAIN!" Turns out he dated her and she is 22 years old in those pics...to much information? maybe but there ya have it.
Mahalo
Mexatiki

View Profile of mexatiki Send a personal message to mexatiki  Email mexatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-22 09:33 am   Permalink

Now THAT, Mexatiki, is one of the coolest things I've read on TC in ages! What a wealth of bizarro information we are - thanks for adding the Esther info!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-22 11:40 am   Permalink

glad y'all like the photos. i too can't help wondering what was going on in the minds of the photographers & their subjects. ultimately, i just think photos like these & the fascination they must have inspired when first scene back on the mainland have a lot to do w/ why tiki bars & polynesian pop took off like it did!

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-22 11:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-21 16:57, mexatiki wrote:
Aloha and Hola, the photographer on the Japanese Hula Honey is Fritz Kraft...he did most of the souvenir type photo packets for the GI's....her name is Esther Sanoda....I used to have quite a few pics of her, once selling at a show in Oahu an old man screamed when he saw the pics on my table and he looked up and said "I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE ESTHER AGAIN!" Turns out he dated her and she is 22 years old in those pics...to much information? maybe but there ya have it.
Mahalo
Mexatiki

Mexatiki,

Thank you so much for the incredible info! Wow! You just breathed a bit more life into these photos.

Your post pretty much sums up (in a coconut shell) why Tiki Central is so frickin' AMAZING (which is quite an accomplishment for only your 7th post)!

Cheers,

Tiki Chris

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mexatiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-05-22 1:15 pm   Permalink

HEHEHEHE what I did not tell you was that those Hula Honey's got paid 100 bucks for a day of topless photography...Esther liked her Mai Tai's too and she used to dance on tables...

View Profile of mexatiki Send a personal message to mexatiki  Email mexatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-29 10:23 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: filslash 2008-09-13 12:27 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-29 10:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-20 12:58, johntiki wrote:
Great pics! In a way it kind of saddens me to think of why someones personal photos are sold off - kinda like seeing people's family photos in the $3.00 frames at the Goodwill - sad.

The toughest ones for me are the framed, oftened hand tinted, portraits of soldiers from World War Two that I see from time to time at the flea markets. It kills me to see them staring out forlornly. All that sacrifice forgotten.

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nokala Rocky
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-30 05:51 am   Permalink

Fantastic images. I would love some copies!
I too have an attraction to "Other peoples photo's" I have 3 large vintage scrapbooks, that literally follows a young soldier and his bride from dating, marriage, the war, domestic life, drunken car accident, drawn out recovery......Found them all in the loft of an old garage. Hubby was a portrait photographer, wife was a part time model and worked for Kodak. No kids.......

View Profile of Nokala Rocky Send a personal message to Nokala Rocky  Email Nokala Rocky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-30 08:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

Esther liked her Mai Tai's too and she used to dance on tables...

That explains that impish grin and those mischievious eyes.

Nice photos Chris!

I especially like the 'Hukilau' photo. Look at the waves behind that guy!

Also, the 'Gaugin model' is the definitive photo when I think of Polynesian paradise.

Great work, my friend!

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-30 11:18 am   Permalink

Dad

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Okolehao
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 12:37 pm   Permalink

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know much more about Fritz Kraft besides him doing souvenir photos? Did he ever do larger prints? It really is great stuff. There are lots of his post cards on eBay.

View Profile of Okolehao Send a personal message to Okolehao  Goto the website of Okolehao     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-10 3:19 pm   Permalink

Hey! Where'd the boobs go?!?!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-10 5:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-10 15:19, Big Kahuna wrote:
Hey! Where'd the boobs go?!?!

Did ya really want to see 68 year old boobs?

WaikikiWomb

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-11 04:36 am   Permalink

Only painted boobs here. B-24 and B-29 nose art from WWII.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation