Your Favorite Spy
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 09:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-19 20:39, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-05-12 09:47, Johnny Dollar wrote:
indeed... one might classify emma peel as 'detective' or 'spy,' but i tend to classify her as 'goddess."

Big thumbs up on that J$. I think we might be launching a new topic here...Who's Your Favorite Spy? Well, I'll be the 1st one to throw my hat into the ring....I'm partial to the black spy in Mad Magazine's SPY VS. SPY. James Bond runs a close 2nd (Sean Connery Bond of course).

i reiterate emma peel as the best spy of all time.

for the men's team, i would have to nominate john drake/danger man/secret agent/the prisoner.

close second, buddy spy team ~ the 'i spy'
lads.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 11:14 am   Permalink

Getting back to the women...no one can faze Modesty Blaze!

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 11:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

i reiterate emma peel as the best spy of all time.

As soon as I saw this topic, Ms. Peel was the first name in my head.

Or perhaps Madam Yes.

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 1:50 pm   Permalink

Ooh! Ooh! Spy stuff! Nerd-alicious! O.K. if we accept that John Drake was actually the guy who turned up in the village in The Prisoner, then in a philosophical sense he sums up the whole 60's spy experience for everyone because he represented the everyman and his struggle to exist as an individual... which I suppose is at the root of the whole paranoid fantasy thing that is the 60's spy experience.

If we're picking the favorite character Mine is top professional, John Steed. (Emma was only a talented amateur) Did you know he throunced James Bond back at Eton when they were school boys? Apparently James was a bully who used to make the underclassmen stir his hot chocolate against their wills. (Hope that isn't some kind of euphemism!)

For sheer enjoyment my votes go to Maxwell Smart and Lancelot Link just because.

Emma and I have a special relationship so just back off buddy!

But if you're really bored.....check out my web site:
www.spyboproyale.com for more information about music from 60's spy flicks than you EVER wanted to know!

Be Seeing You!

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 2:00 pm   Permalink

sweeeeeeeeeeeeet website dude! you knows i have those james bond lp's... at least most... thx for the link...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 2:20 pm   Permalink

I agree. Now I know how to spell Modesty Blaise! Who did that song "the female of the species is deadlier than the male"? I think it was the Squirrel Nut Zipppers.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 2:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-20 14:20, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
I agree. Now I know how to spell Modesty Blaise! Who did that song "the female of the species is deadlier than the male"? I think it was the Squirrel Nut Zipppers.

naw, it was on the austin powers 1 soundtrack - Female of the Species [Fembot Mix] - Space

Tonnikan Jinn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 4:05 pm   Permalink

I can't believe that no one has mentioned Derek Flint (as played by James Coburn) from "In Like Flint" and "Our Man Flint."
That character and those movies are a classic!

-T.J.

View Profile of Tonnikan Jinn Send a personal message to Tonnikan Jinn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-05-20 4:52 pm   Permalink

On TV: Napoleon Solo and Illya Kuryakin in The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

In movies, my fave is Dean Martin as Matt Helm, followed a close second by James Coburn as Flint.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 5:05 pm   Permalink

I love James Coburn too!

Also, aside from them all I always liked the The Saint.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 7:02 pm   Permalink

because all spies need a nemesis:

www.villainsupply.com

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-21 09:41 am   Permalink

Pretty much the same ones that're mentioned already, with a few additions:

I'll always have a soft spot in my head for Joanna Lumley, as Purdey in the New Avengers:

Sean Connery as 007, of course, but who's your #2 Bond? I liked George Lazenby in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (a movie that also included Diana Rigg & Joanna Lumley).

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-21 10:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-21 09:41, freddiefreelance wrote:
Sean Connery as 007, of course, but who's your #2 Bond? I liked George Lazenby in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (a movie that also included Diana Rigg & Joanna Lumley).

there was something cool about 007 in a kilt. not that connery bond could not have, but i don't think he did.

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-21 11:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-21 10:00, Johnny Dollar wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-05-21 09:41, freddiefreelance wrote:

there was something cool about 007 in a kilt. not that connery bond could not have, but i don't think he did.

That was Mr. Lazenby:

But Mr. Connery wore 1 to be knighted (KBE):

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-21 5:57 pm   Permalink

Real life Sidney Reilly (aka Sigmund Rosenblum)"Ace of Spies"

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation