FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Directions to: BBQ & Party-Rincon Room-June 26
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Directions to: BBQ & Party-Rincon Room-June 26
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-05-20 10:31 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Centralites. Come join Mrs. Fury and I for the official opening of our home bar "The Rincon Room" on June 26, 2004 in Thousand Oaks, California.

The pool and BBQ will be warm......the drinks will be cold. Come early for swimming. Any time after noon is fine Appetizer and drink contributions are welcomed.

This should be the day after Tiki Taix V, so for the out-of-towner.......make it a weekend of Tiki fun. Two guestrooms and plenty of floorspace.....PM or email for directions and dibs on the guestrooms.

Hope to see you all here..........Bongofury.....

[ This Message was edited by: bongofury on 2004-06-18 09:05 ]

[ This Message was edited by: bongofury on 2004-06-18 09:09 ]

[ This Message was edited by: bongofury on 2004-06-28 21:20 ]

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 11:54 pm   Permalink

Guestroom Please. Im in.

Thanks for inviting us.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-20 11:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-20 22:31, bongofury wrote:
Two guestrooms and plenty of floorspace.....PM or email for directions and dibs on the guestrooms.

Aloha Ron & Mickee. Mahalo for the invite. We've seen pics of the Rincon Room and we're up for the party. Put us in for one o' them guestrooms.
See Yas,
Terry & Sally

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-21 12:02 am   Permalink

I'll try to make the long trip from Moorpark! I may need to use the guest room too!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-21 09:38 am   Permalink

Utopiandreem & i would love to go.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-05-22 12:19 am   Permalink

Yes, finally the day of paradise in paradise! I'll be there for sure! Hand tool carving demos?.. far from the pool of course! Maybe my group can make our debut there.. "tHe Lazy Palms" featuring our hit song "Is that Flotsam or Jetsam?" yes, I'm joking. The pictures don't do the place justice. There's too much good stuff at Bongofurys hut. I'll provide the Tiki tOny drift wood tiki necklaces for everyone!

[ This Message was edited by: tikitony on 2004-06-08 05:22 ]

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-22 01:23 am   Permalink

I'll bring the soap!

Check it out Tiki Tony! My very first palm trunk tiki! finally dove in to the real deal instead of just my "tacky tiki knick knacks"!
I loooooove swingin' the axe!

I'll bring a grab bag of my tiki goodies as well as beverages or snacks or whatever is needed!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-22 08:11 am   Permalink

There for sure!!!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-05-22 09:11 am   Permalink

O.K. .....looks like the guest rooms and the couch are taken......still plenty of room on the floor. We also have some grass if a tent city is in order. For those in need of a hotel, there are 2 within 2 1/2 miles from our hut. Motel 6 -$59.99 (805-499-0711) or The Clarion Palm Garden Hotel-$99.99 (888-816-0002). We would love for ALL Tcer's to come.

Not sure what we are grillin yet, but there will be some vegetarian goodies and breakfast for any overnighters ( we don't drink coffee, but have the ingrediants....don't let us make it if you want it to taste like coffee). Water, soda, beer, and......exotic drinks......

TikiTony.....carving demo sounds great.....I could use some help. Necklaces? How cool is that!

Suburbanpagan.....at first i thought that was a giant soap you were workin on. Looks like some CrazyAl has rubbed off on the ax. Fine looking carving.

Aloha

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-22 10:43 am   Permalink

I would like to participate however I am able. Let me know if you need ANYTHING.

I can bring my chisels too if there is any value in a frame demo?

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-22 6:33 pm   Permalink

I'll do a mai-tai drinking demo!

bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-05-26 10:13 pm   Permalink

Damn! Just saw that the Northwest Tiki Crawl is the same weekend. O.K., so this will be the alternative event for those that can't go. Yeah Monkeyman.....bring your chisels. Looks like a buncha carvers are going to be here. SP........Mrs. Fury is not a fan of the Mai Tai, so I usually mix up the Lapu Lapu and Ran's Reverb Crash (Our favorite). I will need to bone up on the MT recepies.......we'll be installing vintage stirrers in the drinks to be taken home by our guests.....

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-27 12:23 am   Permalink

Hold on to that rug space for us, there should be a car load of Monterey/Santa Cruzers coming down your way!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-27 10:35 am   Permalink

no problem bongo! It will be good for me to try new beverages!

bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-06-04 11:02 am   Permalink

Bring the sleeping bags Unga Bunga! Thousand Oaks aint that far from L.A. and O.C. We're right off the 101 and Lynn Road. See Oceanic Arts Tikis, Witco, Mid-Century Modern, Local Carvers, Vintage Surf (The "Tiki "Surfboard line was made
right here in Ventura County).......Food....Cocktails.....Exotica......

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation