FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Directions to: BBQ & Party-Rincon Room-June 26
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Directions to: BBQ & Party-Rincon Room-June 26
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 8:30 pm   Permalink

I'm trying to make my up for the festivities too. Looks like I'll be able to so far. I'd love to check out your pad - it looks great in the pics.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 9:58 pm   Permalink

the soap factory is firing up.....my first "event" object! I'm very excited! 30+ is very do-able!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-06-25 12:59 am   Permalink

Many times our schedules change, so we don't always know if we can be somewhere til the last minute also. Tikifille & Polynesiac.....we hope to see you here! We will be grillin some chicken and veggies. Mrs. Fury will make her market trip in the morning.....so for those that decide after tomorrow morning, there will probably be enough food, but you may want to bring whatever you want for the grill (especially if you prefer beef or fish).....more Rum is always welcome!

The bar menu is.....Lapu Lapu, Reverb Crash, Mai Tai, and .....Beer. If you want something else with alcahol.....bring it . Water and soda for the non-drinkers and designated drivers. We won't have diet soda or lite beer, so bring that if you prefer that.

There will be desert.....Happy Birthday Mike! Bong told me at Da Show he would come if he could get a ride.....anyone?

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-25 10:00 am   Permalink

I will bring the Video Camera and mics for a little documentation.

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman on 2004-06-25 11:44 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-25 10:21 am   Permalink

Lookin forward to this...Just pm'd ya bong, we can give ride, but not staying overnight.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-26 1:20 pm   Permalink

Thanks BFuryman...
See you around 7:30pm. I'll be bringing Miss sookie Sookie and Skipper Trent.

Lookin forward to it and seeing all of the Tikipeeps again.
MTK

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-26 8:28 pm   Permalink

Went to the Rincon room opeming this afternoon but had to leave early, If you are close and can make it, RUN! its not to be missed! Chikitiki and Tiki Tony had wood chips flying when I left doing a double tiki, Surburban Pagen brought party favorite soaps, VERY COOL, more Reverb Crash than water in the pool and of course, the Host with the Mostest, Bongo and Mrs. Fury, a total class act. This is the first T.C. event that I have attended and what's striking is how friendly everyone is, (what did I expect?) But a better bunch of people are not to be found! Thank you all!

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-26 10:06 pm   Permalink

Ooh, man..I knew I shouldn't have checked this thread. I tried and tried, but work got the best of me today.
I can't believe I missed what sounds like a totally cool gathering. TT and Chiki serving up the wood chips on one log? MAN...I would have like to have seen that. Did anyone snap some photos for us unlucky enough not to be able to go?

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-27 12:17 am   Permalink

I got a couple of pic's I'll post then tomorrow.

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-27 08:33 am   Permalink

Well try as I might, I cannot over come the one pictures size, sorry about that, I will try again later.

[ This Message was edited by: bananabobs on 2004-06-27 08:50 ]

bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-27 09:18 am   Permalink

Suburban Pagan made these soaps to mark the opening of the Rincon Room, He had them for each of us, how cool is that? His Tiki necklace that he has on his web site are very cool also! (shameless plug) http://www.thetackytiki.com/

[ This Message was edited by: bananabobs on 2004-06-27 09:19 ]

suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-27 10:18 am   Permalink

Thanks for the shameless plug, bananabob! And now the e true hollywood story on the history of the soap!

Moorpark, June 2004

So I'm thinkin' to myself,
"What would be a cool design for the Rincon Room Commemorative Soap? I know! I'll incorporate a cool design from the carved bar sign....yeah! That will be a cool tie in! You know...thematic!"
so I carve this soap using this super cool design that's on the sign. Come to find out it Gecko's logo! Woops! Sorry Gecko..no copyright infringement intended! You will be getting your very own shipment as my way of saying
"uh....woops, sorry Gecko! I hope you like!"

[ This Message was edited by: suburbanpagan on 2004-06-27 10:25 ]

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-27 10:24 am   Permalink

so the Rincon Room party was unreal! Bongo and Mrs. Fury have the most complete, fantastical living environment! What a place! What a shindig! Thanks for hosting the best tiki party within a 9 mile radius of my house ever! I highly recommend that their house be documented in some form of collness publication. I'm rambling. It was so cool to see so many people again and meet some new ones.....King Kuke played uke while I took a dip in the pool...Bongofury's fire pit is incredible...I can go on and on......hey! let's have a bongofury's house inspired haiku event! maybe? no? ok

MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-27 8:23 pm   Permalink

Bongo & Ms. Fury,
Thank you for your warm hospitality. You truely have an amazing home.

Floratina, The reverbs, TTony, suburban pegan and UTDream/Tikibird BIG mahalo's for the great gifts.

It was also nice to see the TC gang and meet some new friends.
Another spectacular event...

MTK

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-27 9:00 pm   Permalink

BananaBobs, here you go! Wish I was there!

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation