FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Directions to: BBQ & Party-Rincon Room-June 26
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Directions to: BBQ & Party-Rincon Room-June 26
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-27 9:53 pm   Permalink

We had a great time. The Fury's were wonderful hosts and the Rincon room was amazing as was the rest of the house.

Thanks to Mrs. Fury again for the ride back to the hotel and to Bongofury for the parting gifts. They made the ride home much more enjoyable. We managed to shave two hours off the return trip.

SuburbanPagan...thanks for the cool soaps. Tiki Tony and ChikiTiki thanks for the cool carving lesson. KingKuke thanks for the tunes. And to everyone else, it was great to see some old friends and meet some new ones.

Shipwreck, Monkeyman and Bong, you were missed. Until the next time, here are a few pics from the evening....

Our host. Wonderful Job!!

Rincon room with TikiBird, Dr. Z & DolphinTiki

Kick the Reverb and Mrs. Kick lounging by the pool enjoying some of MTKahuna's birthday cake.

King Kuke and the boys played on....
ChikiTiki can play a mean set of wrenches too.

Apparently, King Kuke angered one of the tiki gods and he got even!

[ This Message was edited by: OnaTiki on 2004-06-27 21:56 ]

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-27 10:53 pm   Permalink

I was wiped out... but i am so grateful i made the trek... As I pulled up the street the sounds of bongos, singing and laughter led me on... to one of the most beautiful homes I have ever seen. Mr. and Mrs. Fury's talent and love shone through in every single corner of the house and yard... There is a large slice of paradise just off the 101 freeway! I never wanted to leave the Rincon Room.

Also, thank you to Suburban Pagan for the soaps - which are tooooo nice to use. I need to buy a second bar to acutually use dude! I hope you offer those soaps on yer site.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-28 08:12 am   Permalink

Thanks to the Bongofury's for opening up their incredible home! I snuck out around 11pm because I was so tired and still had 90 or so miles to drive to get home but the party still in full swing. Walking into the home was like stepping into a magazine. Simply unbelievable! The food was good, the people were great and the grounds were amazing. Thanks again for a great time!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-28 09:21 am   Permalink

Futura Girl, I must have angered the gods some how!?! You end up making it even with your garage sale and I have to leave early (feeble excuse, friends took my Wife and I out for her birthday)...I miss meeting you again! I will burn a TiKi ToRcH for a week straight, clean all my mugs, and sacrifice some bananas and limes to try and apease the gods, that way perhaps our paths will meet someday.

[ This Message was edited by: bananabobs on 2004-06-28 09:26 ]

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-28 10:16 am   Permalink

Thank you very much Bongofury for hosting a great party. I wish Utop & i would take more pictures, we always seem to bring the camera, but never take pictures because we are having to much fun. You have an outstanding bar!

tbird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-28 10:31 am   Permalink

my little soap makin' hands are truly humbled by the reactions of everybody! I am so happy that I could do that....it was a very special evening! Now I'm going to make a candle to commemorate that I have now survived Tiki Oasis and the RIncon Room party with NO HANGOVER WHATSOEVER! The rum gods have truly smiled upon me.......hmmmm not a bad idea.....I should make a hangover prevention tiki....hmmmm.....(gears turning)

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-28 3:11 pm   Permalink

We had a great time, Ron & Mickee's hospitality was outstanding (we stayed over at the guest room and were treated to a wonderful breakfast and parting gifts!), the house, yard and the Rincon Room are all amazing. The carving demo by ChikiTiki & Tiki Tony was fun and educational, the poolside music by King Kukulele, Cb Howlie, ChikiTiki and Joe was entertaining as always. It was nice to get to know some of the other TC memebers a little better, and meet new ones.
Thanks for Tiki Tony for the pendants and stickers, Suburban Pagan for the soaps, Ric & Monica for the additional food.

See you all soon,
Mahalo

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-06-28 3:41 pm   Permalink

We would like to thank my sister and her husband(who had to leave early) for food and yard prep, the Reverbs for late night clean-up (though due to everyone's consideration, there was not a lot to clean), Chikitiki and Tikitony for the carving demo and necklaces, SP for the cool soaps, King Kukulele and C.B. Howlie for extra music, our new friends from Germany, Joe and Tanya, and everyone for their food, drinks, and gifts, who braved the Saturday/Summer escape from L.A. traffic. It was all of you that made our party a success. Happy Birthday again to MT Kahuna (thanks for the candle). Mahalo Nui, we had fun. Here's a few pics before I got too busy....

After Chiki and TT did most of the carving......many Tiki Centralites got in on the carving action, so this Tiki is a unique group effort.

[ This Message was edited by: bongofury on 2004-06-28 15:47 ]

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-29 8:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks soO much Bongo's. It was a great party, and fabulous food! See you soon,.. I think this is where I say; have a bitchen summer.... uhhh... k.i.t..... 805 208 0322

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 5:35 pm   Permalink

Dear furious Bongos, now that we returned to cold Germany - the summer this year just isnt one - our memories of your exceptional tikifest grow to a dreamy fatmorgana of a paradise that cannot possibly exsist. It was wonderful, we enjoyed it so much. Thanks to the oictures here we can assure ourselves that it really happened. We were overwhelmed by the generous hospitality, the charming decoration, the wonderful house, the quality and quantity of powerful exotic concotions, hmm the zesty bbq, the lovly guests. Thanks for having us. We had the pleasure to meet Tiki Tony who we interviewed the next days for our Tiki DVD, we met the Reverbs again, had time to hang out with our friends Denny & Danny. Nice memories of a very special event. Hope to see you soon. Maybe at the Hukilau or in Munich!

[ This Message was edited by: Mogambo on 2004-11-26 04:48 ]

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 9:15 pm   Permalink

Dear Bongo Furistes,

Your party was beautiful. You are indeed fine hosts. The drinks were mixed to perfection, the noshes and kabobs were delicious.

I can't say enough about the spendor of the Rincon Room. You have assembled an appealing array of artifacts and present them beautifully. And that house! It is a mid-century night's dream. As we looked around the Eichler, it was concluded that it definitely rates a spread in a designer magazine. Futura Girl knows her mid-century and she knows her Eichlers. It was great to see her reaction. When she saw that flame sprouting out of the deck by the hot tub, that just did her in. Me too.

Thanks SuburbanPagan for the bitchen soap and Tiki Tony for my driftwood Cook Island pendant with the "rough-hewn thong".

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-14 11:07 pm   Permalink

Whoa! Did I miss Floratina in a thong?

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-15 12:45 am   Permalink

Ahhh...alcohol!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation