FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Cheekytiki New stuff, Tikis for Kanaloa
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Cheekytiki New stuff, Tikis for Kanaloa
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-25 08:29 am   Permalink

Heres A few carvings I'm working on at the moment and a chance to say hi!

Pics of finished tikis

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki 2009-01-31 06:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki 2009-02-17 11:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki 2009-10-06 00:55 ]

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki 2009-12-11 01:28 ]

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-25 08:40 am   Permalink

Great work. Let us know if any are for sale.

Mahalo

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-25 09:56 am   Permalink

Its about time Cheeky. Your work is as Outstanding as usual.I'm not sure which one I like the best, they're all so good.Thanks for sharing, got more?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-25 10:18 am   Permalink

Cheers, yeah workin' on a few more at the moment hopefully gonna get a few more done like the dark brown one which is a tree fern trunk,it has a cool hairy finish. These are going to a tropical garden centre at the weekend and I still have a few more to do for them, better get back to it!

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki on 2004-05-25 10:19 ]

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-25 10:37 am   Permalink

Those are filppin' fantastic! The fern reminds me of the palm I'm cutting except even furrier! Wow! What's the other wood you are using? Once again, wow!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-25 10:52 am   Permalink

A mixture of all sorts really some are left over beams from a kids adventure playground a bit like telegraph poles, good for outside as they are treated and don't rot, lime, and the middle ones laburnum if I remember correctly which is really nice as it has a dark core. Would like to get Palm but can't seem to find it over here.

suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-25 11:08 am   Permalink

thanks cheeky! well, my friend found a stash of old palm trunk sections that the city must have cut up and dumped years ago...some were rotted out but I managed to salvage a few good pieces.....I thought that it was like trying to carve a shredded wheat but that fern looks like the "difficult to carve" award winner!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-25 11:45 am   Permalink

Great work Cheeky! I really like the fern tree tiki too.

Kanaka

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-05-25 2:50 pm   Permalink

Hey! These are great! Please show more of your work as you finish them!

BTW - is the place where you took the picture also the place where you carve?

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-26 06:15 am   Permalink

Yeah its in my courtyard,the weathers not bad at the moment so I work outside. I live in a warehouse and built a mezzanine level with a spray room underneath which I can use in the winter, but its nicer outside.
thanks again for the comments

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-27 04:01 am   Permalink

I Like your new signiture/logo/thumbnail//Curtiss goes polynesian??

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-27 04:23 am   Permalink

cheers,
It's my logo, I kinda mixed up the old victorian statue of a boy peeing(being English)with Tangaroa and got Cheekytiki.
I'm gonna carve one soon to have as a water feature at home.

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

tikifille
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-27 07:50 am   Permalink

Cheeky- these are wonderful. Your style is eclectic and the detail is great. If you ever can get your hands on palm you must have a go at it. It's very soft and easy to carve. Great work!

View Profile of tikifille Send a personal message to tikifille      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-27 08:56 am   Permalink

Man, that's some mighty fine carving you've done there Cheeky!!!

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-28 08:53 am   Permalink

and a few more, for some reason they all wouldnt go above

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki on 2004-05-28 08:54 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation