FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Cheekytiki New stuff, Tikis for Kanaloa
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Cheekytiki New stuff, Tikis for Kanaloa
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-31 06:35 am   Permalink

Haven't posted any work in a long time, here are a few catch up bits and bobs

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-31 08:17 am   Permalink

VERY NICE work!

Thortiki

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-31 11:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-31 06:35, cheekytiki wrote:

Love these cheeky. Tell me, are those "cracks" painted on or real on the Lono?

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-31 11:37 am   Permalink

Good to see you back from the "Woofle Ball" tour.

Awesome stuff!

p.s. Met Amos the other day in Vegas at Frankies.

Very nice chap.

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. Zombie Village SF, TikiCat, Royal Hawaiian, Kona Club, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Don the Beachcomber,Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson, Ti

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shaker

Posted: 2009-01-31 1:32 pm   Permalink

Wow, I must say... you might just be my favorite tiki artist right now. Fantastic work! Amazing variety of tiki modern.

View Profile of Tiki Shaker Send a personal message to Tiki Shaker  Email Tiki Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-31 7:39 pm   Permalink

Love the tall trio.
They look fantastic.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-01 02:06 am   Permalink

Wow, they are all great! But can you tell me what the pieces in the second and third photos are used for? I'd guess, but I don't want to be shot down.

I'll take one of each please.

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-01 02:11 am   Permalink

Sorry, this thing is way to slow this morning! double post

[ This Message was edited by: tikipaka 2009-02-01 02:18 ]

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sasquatch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-02-01 02:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-31 06:35, cheekytiki wrote:

.. these are stunning, the rest was just amazing!!! Nice work

View Profile of sasquatch Send a personal message to sasquatch  Email sasquatch Goto the website of sasquatch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-01 04:29 am   Permalink

Thanks all you Guys,

JT the cracks are real, it is carved in Oak, with which always tends to get those hairlines, I think the camera flash has made them look more prominent.

Hey Ben, no woofle ball for me, i slipped a disc just after Xmas, walking has been hard enough although carving hasn't been to bad, I just have to get someone else to move the logs about.
Yes, Amos is a true Gent, we miss him a lot here.

Tiki Paka, yep, it's for drinking out of, it's carried to the table in the box and opened to reveal the contents.

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-01 04:29 am   Permalink

Well Cheeky, Its WAY Past time. I thought you had dropped off the face of the Earth, Welcome back and with a Whole Pocket full of Goodies , too I See! WOW, You have Been BUSY, Lookit that stuff, Man, incredible work as usual. Next time don't stay away so long, we might forget who you are.. Of Course I LOVE the Maori stuff the Best!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-01 04:41 am   Permalink

Thaks Ben, I'll try not to stay away so long
Here's a few i forgot about.
I also had the oportunity to produce a display cabinet held by 2 Tikis for the entrance to Trader Vics here in London but don't seem to have any photos, when I get a chance to re take them i'll post.

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

Trader Tark
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-02-01 06:16 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2009-02-01 04:41, cheekytiki wrote:

I also had the oportunity to produce a display cabinet held by 2 Tikis for the entrance to Trader Vics here in London but don't seem to have any photos, when I get a chance to re take them i'll post.

I went to Trader Vic's last November.
On the left as yo go in at the top of the stairs? I remember a display cabinet flanked by two Marquesan/ Trader style poles. These looked newly carved and were very nice. I may have a photo i think.
Of course if these are not the ones you mean appologies. I think we're planning a London visit in a few weeks and will have another look..

Tark

View Profile of Trader Tark Send a personal message to Trader Tark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-01 12:01 pm   Permalink

Very cool stuff Cheeky, I love it all. Great to see some PNG inspired
carving, looks vintage, whatever that means.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-01 11:46 pm   Permalink

Its all great work, Cheeky!

I especially love the Marquesan straw holder!

Its been too long since I did anything for a commercial tiki bar, I envy the work you get to do for them.

Keep up the great work!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation