FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki ebay - Tiki fountain with really taut buttocks.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
ebay - Tiki fountain with really taut buttocks.
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-27 06:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-26 22:26, johntiki wrote:
Turbogod - if you win this thing will I be invited over to see it in person as soon as it arrives?

IF, being the determining factor! Most definately, I wouldn't want to keep this away from the TC Ohana. Maybe this could be the catalyst for a MDVADC get together. It's going to be a long day!

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod on 2004-05-27 06:50 ]

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-27 07:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-27 06:49, Turbogod wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-05-26 22:26, johntiki wrote:
Turbogod - if you win this thing will I be invited over to see it in person as soon as it arrives?

IF, being the determining factor! Most definately, I wouldn't want to keep this away from the TC Ohana. Maybe this could be the catalyst for a MDVADC get together. It's going to be a long day!

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod on 2004-05-27 06:50 ]

feel free to challenge or modify this idea, but i'd be willing to pledge a couple bucks to secure its acquisition if a couple other locals would be up for it too... don't know if that would make a difference...

[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-05-27 09:07 ]

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-27 10:31 am   Permalink

Yes! This has got to be Vitco (it's Vitco, not Witco)

You guys gotta get it! Good luck...we're all counting on you...

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
plastic_atomica

Posted: 2004-05-27 11:16 am   Permalink

I was thinking the same thing. I could make something like that. I don't like the wood base either.

View Profile of plastic_atomica Send a personal message to plastic_atomica      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Newbie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-05-27 5:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-26 16:37, johntiki wrote:
What's this about shipping via Greyhound? Can you do that?

I don't know about Greyhound shipping. When I was a wee one, my grandmother shipped our Christmas presents that way and we never received them. To this day I rue the loss of my never had Mrs. Beasley doll...

View Profile of Tiki Newbie Send a personal message to Tiki Newbie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-27 8:34 pm   Permalink

well i tried my best. Keigs, whip me up one. There is no W(V)icto joy today in this syphilis ridden city.

Guess I'll try to finish the one I've been trying to make.

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod on 2004-05-27 20:44 ]

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-27 10:12 pm   Permalink

Sorry Turbo, I was watching and it sure looks like you got sniped hard. Whoever won has been buying a HUGE amount of tiki stuff lately.

Better luck next time.

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-28 10:06 am   Permalink

Bummer- sorry you didn't get it. Looking forward to seeing the one you're carving. That bidder has been a long time tiki collector and buyer on ebay.

As a personal note, I'm happy that I paid less than that for the big "Mainlander" Witco fountain. I'll have it in a new tiki room in a few months.

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-28 10:34 am   Permalink

I can't help but think that one of our own active TC members may have gotten this if it haden't been posted here.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hate it when people post "look what I found on ebay, not my auction" If you look at the bid history you'll notice that both turbogod and mattfink had bid before you posted here. The winning bidder just bid at the end. Maybe he was watching it (like I was) or maybe he saw it by lurking here????
Some of us spend hours searching ebay for Witco. And I know when I find something I just hope no one posts it here. Those who want it will also search.
If it's your auction, great post it here, we want to help our little family. If not, wait until it's over, you may be taking it away from one of our own. I'll get off my soap box now, it's just a pet peeve of mine.

Here's my latest ebay Witco. I think it may be the ugliest Witco thingy ever! But I just had to have it. It'll sit behind my turtle stool. Keigs, any info?

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-28 10:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-28 10:34, laney wrote:
If not, wait until it's over, you may be taking it away from one of our own.

Surely by posting it here, you increase the possibility of it going to one of our own???
I've had an item or two myself, purely because someone has posted it on Tiki Central and I appreciate their gesture.

Personally, I find sniping a whole lot more irritating, and unsporting to boot - but it's something I have to live with. Having friends alert each other to something on eBay that they might be interested in is something you'll have to live with too.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Rod Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-28 11:59 am   Permalink

I feel bad that turbogod didn't win this auction. There is only one way to win an auction, and that is to be the highest bidder. I feel that this fountain would have gone for over $1500.00 + if the people that placed bid at the end had placed earlier bids. So who wins and who loses? The prices on some of this stuff has gotten to where any hard working guy or gal cannot touch some of the Vintage Tiki Items.There are a couple of people on EBAY that could win every auction, at any price, (Maxifac,aka KahalaCharms, etc) at any time, so In my opinion "sniping" seems to be an equalizer in some instances, I have been sniped, and been the sniper on occation, It just depends on "how bad" you really want(need) the item. I also feel that the people that are Hardcore EBAY/TIKI watchers already have a beat on what is for sale out there. Just my .02 worth because I really hate to lose also. Mahalo

View Profile of Hot Rod Tiki Send a personal message to Hot Rod Tiki  Email Hot Rod Tiki Goto the website of Hot Rod Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-28 12:10 pm   Permalink

Ahh, don't lose any sleep over it. You never know who's out there buying this stuff. There are some companies that buy vintage stuff for restaurants...or it could be some Tiki Freak hit the lotto. I just don't worry about. I'm sure Keigs could make me one!!

Matt

Quote:

On 2004-05-28 10:34, laney wrote:
I can't help but think that one of our own active TC members may have gotten this if it haden't been posted here.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hate it when people post "look what I found on ebay, not my auction" If you look at the bid history you'll notice that both turbogod and mattfink had bid before you posted here. The winning bidder just bid at the end. Maybe he was watching it (like I was) or maybe he saw it by lurking here????
Some of us spend hours searching ebay for Witco. And I know when I find something I just hope no one posts it here. Those who want it will also search.
If it's your auction, great post it here, we want to help our little family. If not, wait until it's over, you may be taking it away from one of our own. I'll get off my soap box now, it's just a pet peeve of mine.

Here's my latest ebay Witco. I think it may be the ugliest Witco thingy ever! But I just had to have it. It'll sit behind my turtle stool. Keigs, any info?

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-28 12:26 pm   Permalink

Look what I found on ebay!!!
(Not my auction)
http://i22.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/d2/35/18_1_b.JPG

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Danno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-28 12:35 pm   Permalink

Unga Bunga ~ you are toooooo funny!!

View Profile of Danno Send a personal message to Danno      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-28 12:43 pm   Permalink

plz note the taut buttocks...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation