FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Finally - A Recipe Using Corn Flake Oil.
Finally - A Recipe Using Corn Flake Oil.
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2004-05-28 11:34 pm   Permalink

I found an old copy of "Sailor Dick's Liquor Ledger" at a garage sale last week. Inside were many long-forgotton drink recipes from famous hotels and bars, including this one from the Hawaiian Inn in Tampa, which uses that corn flake oil that's being sold in those Moai decanters at TJ MAX.

The "Hawaiian Instep" or "Poodle-Licker":

1 1/2 oz Puerto-Rican White Rum
1 oz Passion Fruit Juice
1 oz Sauerkraut brine (don't just pour the brine from the jar - make sure you actually squeeze the sauerkraut in your fist into a shot glass. It makes a subtle but important difference in the flavor)
1/2 oz Liquor 42
Shuck 2 oysters. Set aside.

Shake the first 4 ingredients with ice in a cocktail shaker. Strain through a semi-dirty sock into a tall glass coated with absinthe or soy sauce (it shouldn't matter which). Whisper "Vermouth" lightly into the glass two times, then float 1/4 inch of Corn Flake Oil on the top. The oil should be thick enough to support the two shucked oysters. If you lack a fresh sprig of mint, substitute 1/2 inch of ash from a Kool Menthol cigarette tapped against the rim of the glass.

These are amazing! Doctor Z, Johnnie Velour and myself have been making them all night and together we've almost finished one.

It helps if you set aside several dirty socks beforehand during the week, because you go through them pretty fast once you start mixing.

Sabu

[ This Message was edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2004-05-28 23:39 ]

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-29 05:54 am   Permalink

That sounds a lot like the 'Naked Mole Rat', except for instead of a sock I use old pantyhouse. And I don't whisper 'vermouth', and I float Canadian Bacon on the top instead of oysters. But otherwise, very close!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-29 06:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-29 05:54, tikifish wrote:
That sounds a lot like the 'Naked Mole Rat', except for instead of a sock I use old pantyhouse.

Tikifishnets?

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blank Reg
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-01 1:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I found an old copy of "Sailor Dick's Liquor Ledger" at a garage sale last week. Inside were many long-forgotton drink recipes from famous hotels and bars, including this one from the Hawaiian Inn in Tampa, which uses that corn flake oil that's being sold in those Moai decanters at TJ MAX.

Ah the Hawaiian Inn. The Best stone crab claws I ever had. The place is history now replaced by a Best Buy.

View Profile of Blank Reg Send a personal message to Blank Reg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-02 2:57 pm   Permalink

I didn't think of a drink-I thought of having a crunchy mazola party.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-02 4:20 pm   Permalink

Sounds like something I would have concoted after a few mai tais, only worse. Maybe.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-06 09:50 am   Permalink

So good, it needed a flabojah bump!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation