FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Beach Burn July 17th - Who's In?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Tiki Beach Burn July 17th - Who's In?
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-17 11:12 am   Permalink

just got back from loading two houses and a small tent city onto the beach with bax,z,and bong....... the idols await... Polynesia meets Britannia......

now it's off to buy some weenies and a cool refreshing treat or two....

see you with or asbestos gloves on...

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 1:49 pm   Permalink

Thanks to Bax and Kukui for your hospitality. You brought a whole camp there! That Frito salad was delicious. I know that Al was there bright and early helping to set it all up, including the tiki tribute to Stonehenge that featured some pieces by Bamboo Ben. I'm not sure who was responsible for the gigante Sacrificial Tiki with the shabby chic finish. It was a point of interest to passing cyclists during the day. It stood next to the bike path in its trailer awaiting the ceremonial procession that would bring it to the pit that evening (I think some of the guys just rolled it across the sand, actually).

And then there was Crazy Al's community sand-moai. Well, I think it was mostly Crazy Al's, but the others contributed a touching artistic interpretation of ritual sacrifice created on the top of the moai's head.

The bonfire was huge! Shaka brought the very first tiki he ever carved to sacrifice in the flames. He was begged to reconsider, but he informed that he had made his peace with it as he sentimentally saturated the eyes, mouth and top of the tiki with lighter fluid. It photographed real good.

Drinks that would have made Trader Vic proud were served at Bong's after we were kicked off the beach at 10:00. Thanks Bongs!

There were numerous cameras there to capture the action and I will have some to post here later. That was a thoroughly entertaining event.

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2004-07-18 23:35 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 1:51 pm   Permalink

a smile for the to-be Sacrifice... morning sun, cool sand

24 hrs later a smoldering carcass 9:30AM

this elderly man, unaware, and perhaps not amused of the prior nights activities
blurts out..."h'umph.... A penny!"

PS... our TC fire pits were clear of trash... wile our neighbors left many offerings to the state bch sanitation workers.

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al on 2004-07-18 13:58 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 2:33 pm   Permalink

Then there were the rum balls by the Tiki Birds, jello shots by Dr. Z and an unnamed and yummy drink concocted by Alnshely. I keep thinking of stuff. I guess it's good that I can remember it.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 9:23 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 11:32 pm   Permalink

That's what I'm talkin' about Monkeyman!

The Sacrificial Tiki gigante was Bamboo Ben's creation, and he contributed a lotta lumber toward that conflagration. That explains the special nature of it:

Where did that laquered door-like object come from? It was big and it bubbled...

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2004-07-19 12:04 ]

crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 11:34 pm   Permalink

floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 11:40 pm   Permalink

Al, I think I have a picture of you taking those pictures:

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2004-07-19 12:18 ]

Tiki Brad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-19 08:34 am   Permalink

Mine and Rocknrollgirls's pcitures, for the most part, all came out like crap. Perhaps I ate too much of the magic tiki jello? Here are a few that I was able to doctor up a bit:

The start of the burn

A kind of creepy sacrificial shot

Bax and his magic broom

And Al just being Al

And to Flortinas "No Photos" Picture, Tiki Brad has to say.......

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Brad on 2004-07-19 12:45 ]

View Profile of Tiki Brad Send a personal message to Tiki Brad  Email Tiki Brad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-19 09:01 am   Permalink

What a great time Irma and I had! Thanks Al and Shelly, for the delicious improvised tiki punch! Very tasty! Irma and I felt bad about not bringing anything.....next time we will bring something..promise!!!

The food was great, the people were great, Crazy al's sand head was great, and that was the hottest fire I have seen in a while! I swear, glass was starting to form in the sand near it!

View Profile of tiki mick Send a personal message to tiki mick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-19 09:15 am   Permalink

What a blast the Beach Burn was! Special thanks to Bax who got up at the butt-crack of dawn to get there and stake our spot and a big thank you to also to Al, Bong (and Bax again) for setting up the tents and the faux "tiki stonehenge."

We had a GREAT time!

Anybody get pics of the Crazy Al/Monkeyman Moai Sandtiki???

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Brad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-19 09:27 am   Permalink

Yes, a big thanks to Bong, Bax, Al and everyone else. Rocknrollgirl and I had the best time. I just wish we could have gotten there sooner. A couple hours just isn't enough!

View Profile of Tiki Brad Send a personal message to Tiki Brad  Email Tiki Brad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-19 12:14 pm   Permalink

Sorry I couldn't make it guys, it looks like a great time was had by all. It does my heart good to know that I live in a land where the tikis are so plentiful, we get to burn the extras.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-19 12:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-19 09:15, PolynesianPop wrote:
What a blast the Beach Burn was! Special thanks to Bax who got up at the butt-crack of dawn to get there and stake our spot and a big thank you to also to Al, Bong (and Bax again) for setting up the tents and the faux "tiki stonehenge."

We had a GREAT time!

Anybody get pics of the Crazy Al/Monkeyman Moai Sandtiki???

Mini Tiki Stonehenge:

Sand moai:

RocknRollGirl

Posted: 2004-07-19 12:38 pm   Permalink

Yes, big thanks to everyone for putting on this great time! And thanks to all of you who were so friendly and sweet to the new gal! It's very much appreciated.

And yes, Mothra is enjoying the new home. The cats just love him. I'm glad I haven't had to clean up a bunch of pieces yet.

View Profile of RocknRollGirl Send a personal message to RocknRollGirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation