FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki My mom went to Peru and all she bought me was this lousy Tiki
My mom went to Peru and all she bought me was this lousy Tiki
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-02 11:09 am   Permalink

Actually, it's made of stone and strikes me as being the missing link between the Tikiquest mug and a Cook islands statue. A great find in darkest Peru.

Thanks, mum!
Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-02 11:13 am   Permalink

brilliant!

mum's the word...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-02 1:16 pm   Permalink

WHAT? No Agwa?!
Beautiful tiki.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-02 1:32 pm   Permalink

Woody,

Looks like the one a friend brought me back from peru!

Kanaka

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-02 1:43 pm   Permalink

Cool, I like it!
That was really nice of her!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-02 2:16 pm   Permalink

Something about that lil' guy, he makes me feel in a odd way happy but scared at the same time. If Mom goes again can you pleeeeeeeeease ask her to buy me one?!?!?!

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-02 3:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-02 13:32, Kanaka wrote:
Woody,
Looks like the one a friend brought me back from peru!

Kanaka

Hey, snap! Very cool!

Tiki-Toa,
Unfortunately, it was a one-off trip of a lifetime for her, so she won't be going back there anytime soon. She had an amazing time, so perhaps a trip to Peru, then to Chile, followed by a trip to Easter Island might be a trip worth thinking about for the more adventurous Tiki Centralite.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-06-02 5:59 pm   Permalink

way to go Mum !

its fantastic that she found that for you ~

side note: my father in law came to visit us in seattle. i thought he knows about "this tiki stuff" but his light bulb clicked when he was looking at my Night of the Tiki book..and said "oh i have one of those in my garage, i'll pack it up for you"...yay.. another parent trained.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-03 10:13 am   Permalink

Talk to Mig, I think he has been to Peru a few times, and will probably go again. I bet he could pick up a few!
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-04 2:34 pm   Permalink

You lucked out. My parents went to Mexico and look at the "tiki" they brought me.

vw

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-06-05 11:19 am   Permalink

At least they brought you something back, my in-laws are of to Borneo later this month and have told me they ain't bringing any headhunter stuff back for me.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-06-06 12:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-05 11:19, atomictonytiki wrote:
my in-laws are of to Borneo later this month and have told me they ain't bringing any headhunter stuff back for me.

maybe they were just joking? of course, then you could tell 'em you're upping the dowry on their daughter ~ and to expect her back on their doorstep if they dont fork over something carved!

its worth a try!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-07 11:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-02 17:59, dogbytes wrote:
side note: my father in law came to visit us in seattle. i thought he knows about "this tiki stuff" but his light bulb clicked when he was looking at my Night of the Tiki book..and said "oh i have one of those in my garage, i'll pack it up for you"...yay.. another parent trained.

Hey, sounds great! Don't forget to show us what he digs out of the garage!

Trader Woody

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation