FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » What Is This From Hilton Hawaiian Village
What Is This From Hilton Hawaiian Village
tiki410
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-02 7:25 pm   Permalink

Found this tucked into a corner and am unsure of what it is. Frank thinks along the lines of a Benihanna's, I was thinking more along the lines of ..... hell I have no idea what it is. Figure someone knows about it as I have seen the place listed before but the manufacturer I am unsure of and nothing come up on the searches. For the first time I can say I am finding some stuff in the oddest of places.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

View Profile of tiki410 Send a personal message to tiki410  Email tiki410     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-02 8:05 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: filslash 2008-09-12 14:32 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-02 8:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-02 20:05, filslash wrote:
aloha,

It's a dragon vase from HHV. There are 3 in the series. A Hula Girl, and an Kamehameha type alii figure with his arms crossed!

I've got the Girl and the Kamehameha, but I didn't know there was a third to the set - thanks for the info!

I am curious, however: why do they go together? I mean, how does the Asian dragon relate to the Hawaiian figures to the point that they'd be a 3-pc set?
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-02 9:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-02 20:24, Doctor Z wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-06-02 20:05, filslash wrote:
aloha,

It's a dragon vase from HHV. There are 3 in the series. A Hula Girl, and an Kamehameha type alii figure with his arms crossed!

I've got the Girl and the Kamehameha, but I didn't know there was a third to the set - thanks for the info!

I am curious, however: why do they go together? I mean, how does the Asian dragon relate to the Hawaiian figures to the point that they'd be a 3-pc set?

never heard these were a 3 piece set....
that went together....

just that this manufacturer happened to created 3 generically popular fairly detailed maitai mugs.

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki410
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-03 05:32 am   Permalink

Are pictures available of the other two?

View Profile of tiki410 Send a personal message to tiki410  Email tiki410     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-03 06:21 am   Permalink

tiki410,
Here's a link to a current auction for the Kamehemeha figure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2001&item=3915205028&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

-JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki410
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-03 12:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks, I don't recall seeing it before.

SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-05 12:15 am   Permalink

Wow, love that dragon!

I have the Hula Girl & Kamehameha, but I've got to get one of those dragons! Not only to complete the collection, but since I was born in "The Year of the Dragon" (1964), I have a thing for dragons.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-05 02:38 am   Permalink

Looks more like a crossbreed between an eagle(or a chicken... hah) and a dragon than a dragon to me.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2004-06-06 05:38 am   Permalink

I've got a matched pair of those Hawaiian Village Dragon Mugs. Here's a photo of me drinking from one at last year's International Tiki Day. Crazy Al had rigged up a double-flaming tiki torch for the dragon to hold in its teeth.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation