FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki Pa'ina: Shutterfly Gallery Link Pg 4
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Tiki Pa'ina: Shutterfly Gallery Link Pg 4
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-09 3:49 pm   Permalink

Congrats on uniting the tikiphiles around Wisconsin, Tiki-Toa! I know it was a lot of hard work. Hope we'll see more get-togethers from the new 'ohana up there soon!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-08-15 7:56 pm   Permalink

Well, I finally made it home - after putting over 3500 miles on my car these past two weeks. Although I wasn't able to stay for the Tiki Pa'ina meal or see the dancers perform (or meet any other mid-western tiki folk who arrived after I left) it was still nice to meet Tiki-Toa, Lake Surfer, and a few other familiar faces.

I made it to the hotel bar Friday night, and learned that if there is one thing nicer than meeting fellow tiki people after flying cross-country, it is meeting fellow tiki people after driving cross-country. I was surprised to see the bartender was making some great zombies - I had just been to Illinois's Hala Kahiki two nights before, and these tasted much better - and I continued to order them - often two at a time, until the bartender left.

Karaoke was fun that evening - a word of warning though - even though you may have heard 'The Hawaii Wedding Song' many times before, you might not be able to remember how the melody of the song actually goes - I had to make up my own melody until the familiar chorus came around. But those are the things that one must do, when one wants to hear exotica, and everyone else is singing Charlie Daniels and Kenny Rogers songs.

I was a bit tired the next day, but pleased to be able to stock up on a few tiki related products from the various vendors - Lake Surfer, Esqui and Lissette, Hoffa and Jimmy, Conga Tiki. I was able to fit a 8 foot tall carving done by Jimmy/Exotic Arts into my car, and safely bring it back home (where I discovered that my home only has a 7 and a half foot tall ceiling)

My only regrets were that I was unable to stay for the full festivities - and also I should have made yet one more trip to the ATM machine and bought a few more items - there was still some room left in my car when I got home.

Thanks to Tiki-Toa for organizing the event, and hopefully I'll be meeting a few of you again next month at Hukilau.

Vern

[ This Message was edited by: ikitnrev on 2004-08-15 19:57 ]

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-08-15 8:49 pm   Permalink

(The message formerely located here has been relocated to the collecting Tiki' forum)

Vern

[ This Message was edited by: ikitnrev on 2004-08-17 05:53 ]

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EsQui
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-15 9:42 pm   Permalink

Hi Everyone!

Tiki Pai'na was a blast! Thanks to Tiki Toa and family for planning this event. I met some wonderful people and finally decided to join tiki central. You can view some of our pictures at:

http://www.waitingchairgallery.com/tikipaina

I didn't take as many pictures as I should have due to having too many zombies the night before. Good people, good food, good drinks, good art, good raffle prizes, good trading with vendors, and good show! Hopefully there will be a Tiki Pai'na 2005, and more midwesterners get off their butts and show up! If Vern can make it all the way from Washington D.C. no one else has an excuse. The Mensters cd was the perfect soundtrack for the ride home.

Aloha!

[ This Message was edited by: EsQui on 2004-08-15 21:43 ]

View Profile of EsQui Send a personal message to EsQui  Email EsQui Goto the website of EsQui     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 08:26 am   Permalink

sorry it took me so long to post on this. been trying to catch up on all i have going on. first off, yes vern send me back my wood, you'd be surprised what i can do with six inches. ask my wife. so great to see you again and again thank you.next i had a great time! we just loved toa and wife, lake surfer, and everyone else we met. cant wait to see you all again. cant say enough good things about the whole event. see you in florida! mahalo, jimmy.

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweetbeak

Posted: 2004-08-17 11:52 pm   Permalink

Go ahead.....ask me.

View Profile of Sweetbeak Send a personal message to Sweetbeak  Email Sweetbeak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation