FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Doctor Z's Castaway Lounge Summer Spectacular 7/31 UPDATE!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Doctor Z's Castaway Lounge Summer Spectacular 7/31 UPDATE!!
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 01:03 am   Permalink

Cool party! Mucho mahaloz to da Z's for hosting and to the guest bartenders and Sabu for that broke da mouth chicken. We had a great time. The reverb crash & whatever that stuff the good doctor & I were doing shots of in the kitchen really put me away (but in a good way). Last I recall the party was breaking up and we were off for some late night grinds at some place called Nancy's(?) I went back to round up Sally and lost you guys. We cruzed around for awhile trying to find it and wound up deep in the bowels of Torrance...lost. Woke up this morning in the beeautiful Redondo Inn and headed straight for the Pier for greasy breakfast & Mai Tais at Tony's. Took the long way home around the Palos Verde penninsula and down PCH...what a great weekend!

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 09:34 am   Permalink

You folks sure know how to throw a party.
Thanks for the photos.

AWESOME beer hut.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 10:16 am   Permalink

The good doctor behind the bar

Mike a.k.a. the bouncer @ The Purple Orchid & Mrs. Pug

Johnny V, Humu, & Dr.Z

Hey, look at the picture I took!

Poly, Bongo, King & Humu

Vintage Girl watching Sabu cook his delicious chicken

I made so many mojitos that night, my fingers were pruned from the lime juice

Atomic Cocktail doing the little known Tiki Smoke dance

Lady V and Futura Girl

Is Floratina awake?

Shaka!

Lady Z in her throne

[ This Message was edited by: TikiPug on 2004-08-03 10:17 ]

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 10:33 am   Permalink

Doc~
What a party, ya know a man can only look at so many of these photo galleries of Humu's and not want to pack it up and head west.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 6:02 pm   Permalink

Well, I'd simply like to say a big MAHALO to all those that were able to make it: those that came from nearby, those that came from far away, and those that came from really far away!! Without all of you, it would have just been me and a sh*tload of booze...

Fast facts: we went through 6 gallons of Tiki Bird's homebrew, 5 gallons of Lapu Lapu's, 3 gallons of Reverb Crash, half a dozen bottles of wine and at least 3 cases of alco-pops, beers, and other assorted bottled drinks. This doesn't even include what was mixed at the bar, where the guest bartenders and myself went through bags of limes, bushels of mint, and emptied enough liquor bottles to fill a "Recyclables" trash can!

See what I mean?

Oh, and I'm not sure how much chicken & shrimp Sabu made, but there were enough used skewers to make a small bonfire with!

I would like to extend special thanks to the Guest Bartenders (even the surprise ones!) for keeping the drinks flowing under extreme pressure of the thirsty masses - next year we're having TWO bars! Oh, and I'm going to put a muzzle on Atomic Cocktail!

Extra special thanks to Sabu for the grinds, T-Bird & Utopian Dreem for the brew and Z-Girl (uh... I mean DolphinTiki) and Johnnie V for helpin' set up and gettin' the food out.

But extra EXTRA thanks for going waaaaay above and beyond the call of duty must go to Mr. & Mrs. Kick-the-Reverb: not only did they pull one of the longest stints behind the bar, they also spent the night (in their car, mind you), got up early somehow, snuck into the house, CLEANED THE WHOLE PLACE, then left before I even got up! Wow.

Besides sobriety, there were some other things left behind here:

Sabu - I have your yellow cutting board
TikiPug - I have your mojito sugar spoon
Cousin Dave - I have your sunglasses
Wersmo Derinc - I have your grey cooler
Ookoo Lady - I have your song book
Krustiki - I bought your Tiki Pa'ina raffle tickets
I will be bringing all "found" items to International Tiki Day and you can pick 'em up there (unless you make other arrangements)

To all who painted Ku masks: the 'contest' never occurred because, well, apparently the appointed judges never judged anything! The masks that are still here will be brought to International Tiki Day, where judging will occur and prizes will be awarded. (If you brought your mask(s) home already, bring it to ITD for judging consideration) If you want an unpainted mask, PM me.

<sniffle> The friendship of my TikiCentral ohana is priceless, and your generosity and aloha spirit know no bounds. If I could throw a party like this for you every weekend, I would. </sniffle>

(BTW - thanks to the gifts that were brought, we still have enough booze for another party! I'll keep y'all posted...)

Notes to self:

--keep Atomic Cocktail off the computer
--raise puffers & lamps higher to avoid injuring TikiPug again
--don't let Futura Girl spray paint the lawn
--don't let Humuhumu take pix of my eBay videos
--find out about this heretofore unknown Sabu/snail connection
--don't drink it if Kick-the-Reverb tells you it has way too much Pernod
--put congas out of reach of chanting bar patrons
--don't drunkenly try to speak French to impress French guests
--find out how the cat got on TikiCentral

Well: same time next year??

Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krustiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-05 11:23 pm   Permalink

Hey Dr. Z, this was a great party! If anyone's interested here are a few more photos.

http://www.mutantqueens.com/dr_z's_2004.htm

If you want me to make any corrections to the captions, let me know.

View Profile of Krustiki Send a personal message to Krustiki  Email Krustiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-06 12:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-05 23:23, Krustiki wrote:

If you want me to make any corrections to the captions, let me know.

Yes, row 1, right end pic - Mustang Sally (not to be confused with MustDangSally)

[ This Message was edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2004-08-06 17:41 ]

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-06 1:15 pm   Permalink

Thanks for everything.... It doesn't not matter how far my travels will be they will always end up at the Castaways.......

View Profile of Tiki Mo Fo Send a personal message to Tiki Mo Fo  Email Tiki Mo Fo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 09:27 am   Permalink

Hey Z same time next year?

Toa

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-08-17 13:23 ]

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2004-08-17 12:53 pm   Permalink

This thread ain't over yet. I've finally recovered from the Castaway Lounge and wanted to thank Doctor Z for the incredible party and warm hospitality. This was my first TC event and everyone made me feel right at home. Great people, great atmosphere and great drinks! I'm ready for more.

P.S. - Doctor Z, I hope you enjoy the Tipsy cd.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 5:48 pm   Permalink

Here at last are some of my pics from this fabulous event:

Pug whips up Mojitos

These guys were playing with whistles or somethinghttp://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4d605b3127cceb54cd4ccf4f90000001610"
BORDER="0">

Ran had many hungry livers to feed

The line for Ran's Reverb Crash<!-- BBCode Start

Tikibird scores his coveted

Ookoo lady, King and Iuka

Humu and her Escargot

Atomic demonstrates fresh fruit self-defense techniques

Atomic capers about

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2004-08-24 17:57 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 6:13 pm   Permalink

Yes, I know the post is messed up, but the edit page is buggy and it's coming up with no "submit" button. I need one of those...HUMU!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 6:20 pm   Permalink

Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix your post, since I get the wacky busted up page, too, but here's how it would look if I could fix it properly:

Floratina's post:

Here at last are some of my pics from this fabulous event:

Pug whips up Mojitos

These guys were playing with whistles or something

Ran had many hungry livers to feed

The line for Ran's Reverb Crash

Tikibird scores his coveted

Ookoo lady, King and Iuka

Humu and her Escargot

Atomic demonstrates fresh fruit self-defense techniques

Atomic capers about

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-08-24 18:22 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 11:16 am   Permalink

floratina, thanks for putting up your pics. It reminds me how much fun the party was, i mean just look at Atomic Cocktail going, that was a great party!

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation