FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Portland Kon Tiki and other defunct Portland tiki bars
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Portland Kon Tiki and other defunct Portland tiki bars
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-07 12:19 pm   Permalink

Or Alaskan art:

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vintage Roadside
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-06-28 5:26 pm   Permalink

We posted a 1963 newspaper ad for the Kon-Tiki on our Facebook page today. I tried to post it here but it's a .bmp and not a .jpg so it wouldn't accept the file.

It's a fun ad showing a tiki looking quite excited by the idea of a $2.85 steak.

Here's a link if anyone wants to take a look.

http://www.facebook.com/VintageRoadside

[ This Message was edited by: Vintage Roadside 2011-06-28 17:27 ]

View Profile of Vintage Roadside Send a personal message to Vintage Roadside  Goto the website of Vintage Roadside     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-28 6:57 pm   Permalink

Here you go.

Bear

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vintage Roadside
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-06-29 08:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-06-28 18:57, Brudda Bear wrote:
Here you go.

Bear

Thanks Brudda Bear!

View Profile of Vintage Roadside Send a personal message to Vintage Roadside  Goto the website of Vintage Roadside     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-12 09:24 am   Permalink

Well the Tiki transmission tradition keeps going in Portland. That address at 10th and Stark popped up again in this matchbook I got from the South Seas restaurant.

So that makes three Poly Pop places at the same location when you add in the Bali Hai and Pantley's Pagan Hut.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-27 9:58 pm   Permalink

Back to our originally scheduled progam, a matchbook from the Kon Tiki in Portland.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-07 3:50 pm   Permalink

The Kon Tiki chef was Danny Woo.

DC

TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-08 11:31 am   Permalink

It looks as if it was pretty swanky. Vaguely reminiscent of Portland's new Trader Vic's. Those fishing float lights look VERY much like the ones that now hang outside the Alibi. They've been recently refurbished but those floats have hung outside the Alibi for as long as I remember, and they were old when I first saw 'em 13 years ago. Wonder if they were salvaged from the Kon Tiki? Much of what was in the old Jasmine Tree (some of which made it's way to Thatch and still resides in Hale Pele) was salvaged from Kon Tiki, or so I'm told, so a trip to Hale Pele is about the only way to catch a glimpse of the former glory of Kon Tiki.

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 4 days ago; 4:33 pm   Permalink

Vintage Roadside has some amazing photos of the Portland Kon Tiki that were sale on Etsy for a while.

And a luncheon menu that I have in my image library.

DC

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation