FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Portland Kon Tiki and other defunct Portland tiki bars
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Portland Kon Tiki and other defunct Portland tiki bars
Adam Aku Aku
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-02-07 9:25 pm   Permalink

I could be wrong but I believe it would be across the street from Loyd Center where the Double Tree hotel is.

View Profile of Adam Aku Aku Send a personal message to Adam Aku Aku  Email Adam Aku Aku     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-02-09 2:37 pm   Permalink

Here it is today, I was in the area this morning.

View Profile of tikidon Send a personal message to tikidon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-09 2:57 pm   Permalink

It would be cool to do a Photoshop comp of the old Kon Tiki facade on the current hotel. Might try to get a shot from the angle of the previous (vintage) shot and see if I can match them up.

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DixonAlibi
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2016-04-21 01:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-02-09 14:57, TikiMaxton wrote:
It would be cool to do a Photoshop comp of the old Kon Tiki facade on the current hotel. Might try to get a shot from the angle of the previous (vintage) shot and see if I can match them up.

Gave it a shot with the two pics already up on here! Not the greatest Photoshop work, but not bad either!

---

View Profile of DixonAlibi Send a personal message to DixonAlibi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-21 10:19 am   Permalink

Damn! That's pretty cool! Would you mind if I jacked that picture to share on FB?

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DixonAlibi

Posted: 2016-04-21 10:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-04-21 10:19, TikiMaxton wrote:
Damn! That's pretty cool! Would you mind if I jacked that picture to share on FB?

Not at all! Share away!

View Profile of DixonAlibi Send a personal message to DixonAlibi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DixonAlibi

Posted: 2016-06-21 9:18 pm   Permalink

Does anyone else have other photos from the Portland Kon-Tiki? I would love to see more details of the entire place!
---

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 5 days ago; 11:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-06-21 21:18, DixonAlibi wrote:
Does anyone else have other photos from the Portland Kon-Tiki? I would love to see more details of the entire place!

Wouldn't we all! Here is a photo of the food spread and a Tiki from an advertising photo I clipped from ebay.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DixonAlibi

Posted: 5 days ago; 12:26 pm   Permalink

That's sweet!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation