[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Recipe: Bali Hai Mai Tai Recipe
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Recipe: Bali Hai Mai Tai Recipe
Maitai Mike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-26 12:13 pm   Permalink

I recently spoke with a bartender at the Bali Hai about their recipe and watched intently as he made several. The correct authentic recipe is:
1. fill a double old fashioned glass with crushed ice (they use a beaded type ice)
2. free-pour approximately 1 ounces each of orange curacao and orgeat (he used a two second pour, pouring both at the same time)
3. free-pour approximately 2 ounces each of Ron Rico light rum and Coruba dark rum (he used a four to five second pour, pouring both at the same time)
4. splash of sweet and sour on top
5. give it a quick stir
6. garnish with a cherry and pineapple wedge

Bali Hai Mai Tai's are definitely unique and not your normal mai tai. Also they are not for the weak!

View Profile of Maitai Mike Send a personal message to Maitai Mike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TropicDrinkBoy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-27 11:14 pm   Permalink

It's as strong as two standard Trader Vic's Mai Tais. In fact, it is approximately a double Mai Tail with different rums and sweet and sour mix instead of freshly squeezed lime and simple syrup.

View Profile of TropicDrinkBoy Send a personal message to TropicDrinkBoy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-28 6:44 pm   Permalink

This BH Mai Tai recipe makes sense as they always taste to me WAY stronger than the "official" recipe that Bali Hai occassionally provides to be printed in the local paper.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-28 9:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-28 18:44, arriano wrote:
This BH Mai Tai recipe makes sense as they always taste to me WAY stronger than the "official" recipe that Bali Hai occasionally provides to be printed in the local paper.

Perhaps their lawyers won't let them "officially" admit, to local papers, the potency of what they actually serve, for liability concerns!

[ This Message was edited by: Limbo Lizard 2012-05-28 21:24 ]

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-29 9:47 pm   Permalink

I could use one, or two...

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation