FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving 2 great things that go great together: kooche/chiki-new images 3/30
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
2 great things that go great together: kooche/chiki-new images 3/30
sirginn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-06-12 2:20 pm   Permalink

We are fortunate to have some great tiki art brighten our walls. The latest is a tag team effort by TC's own Kooche and Chikitiki. I thought you might enjoy the amazing seeing the amazing talents of Miles (painting) and Danny (frame), from the "idol time" show at Copro/Nason gallery. Hopefully this will not be the last time they team up.
Thanks again to Miles and Danny for giving us another something beautiful to gaze at while we sip our mai tais.

[ This Message was edited by: sirginn on 2005-04-30 10:37 ]

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-12 2:27 pm   Permalink

Scott

as of last night danny and i are at it again for the show in december at the Mmodern...we hooked up at the tiki ti and had a beverage...i was toasted!

thanks for posting pix so we can see the wonderful couple in action...it looks great...that danny boy!

need to eat and lie down thanks to the chichis i had last night...UG!

thanks again S!

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Boracho
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-12 2:39 pm   Permalink

Wow! This looks amazing. Love this. Danny and Miles - as always you do amazing work!!!

View Profile of El Boracho Send a personal message to El Boracho  Email El Boracho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-12 3:24 pm   Permalink

Totally amazing is right. how can you do it better?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-12 3:27 pm   Permalink

y'all are sweet...scott did you have Dion cut that woven matte for you? that is some HOT SH*T!

danny's frame kills me! i love that bamboo inlay at the bottom...smart kid...no?

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-12 4:01 pm   Permalink

Ok how do I get on the list for one of those frames?????? One of those would look killer on the Hukilau print I plan on getting there.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-12 4:01 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-06-17 09:18 ]

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thorsten Hasenkamm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-22 04:39 am   Permalink

Great collabo! Both artists rock in their art forms...

View Profile of Thorsten Hasenkamm Send a personal message to Thorsten Hasenkamm  Email Thorsten Hasenkamm Goto the website of Thorsten Hasenkamm     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-22 11:57 am   Permalink

Great Frame ChikiTiki.

That is super sweet. I gotta get me a bandsaw for those intricate perimeter designs. How wide and thick is the frame stock that you made it from?

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-22 3:03 pm   Permalink

great looking frame and art work. i also like that little bit of bamboo that was placed on the bottom

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-23 11:15 pm   Permalink

Hey there Scott. Good to see the piece has finally made it home. If you look in the top of the frame at the monkey's mug. there is a small hole drilled ther. This is to hold a paper umbrella. Good times, good times.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-25 4:31 pm   Permalink

That's a beaut, sirginn! I'm terribly jealous at the paintings you've snagged from Miles, next time you've gotta leave a few for the rest of us.

Here's my beyond-dandy example of their collaborative power. I don't have it hung up yet, but it's going into my office at work, which is appropriate on a couple of fronts: I work with a bunch of chemists, who groove on the Mike-as-mad-scientist part of the print, AND, Tiki-Ti has become *the* must-see LA thing for people who come from company headquarters in Knoxville. I'm a missionary for tiki, and Tiki-Ti is my chapel. They go back to company HQ and spread the gospel of tiki further, it's a beautiful thing.

Mucho mahalos to Danny for making this unbelievable frame! It's even got it's own thatched a-frame roof! AND, he drove all the way out to Tiki-Ti to give it from me, even though he had a splitting headache. Danny, the Ray's Mistakes are on me for a long while.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-25 6:48 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu I can't believe how Freakin' Bad Ass that is! As wierd as it is for "me" to say Freakin' Bad Ass...but...DAMN! That is freakin' bad ass!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sirginn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-04-30 09:33 am   Permalink

Well the dynamic duo has struck again, here is the latest addition to our lowbrow/tiki art collection. Once again Danny's incredible carvings highlight Miles' amazing painting abilities. This peice is from the Tell tale tiki show at mmoderngallery in Palm Springs. Sorry the pictures do not do this peice justice. A very special thanks to Miles and Danny for this great gift.

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-30 4:05 pm   Permalink

You are soo lucky man!!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation