FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Question for carvers...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Question for carvers...
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-20 8:10 pm   Permalink

You guys ever get to columbus? Ive been carving tikis here for the last 6 years.

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ChefMike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-21 11:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-20 20:10, chisel slinger wrote:
You guys ever get to columbus? Ive been carving tikis here for the last 6 years.

Yeah. I get to Columbus every once in awhile to catch a Clippers game.

I'm still new here, so, is there a section of Tiki Central where regional Tiki freaks can get together, share stories, photos ,etc?

Maybe an Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky thing or something.

View Profile of ChefMike Send a personal message to ChefMike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 5:23 pm   Permalink

Chef Mike,

Did you ever get chisels? I checked Lowe's in Beavercreek and it looks like the Marples chisels are now Irwin Marples. Otherwise they are identical to mine (blue handles). Sears has a 5 or 6 piece Craftsman set for around the same price.

We'll have to meet up somehow! The urathaning went well and the termites seem to be gone. This thing is ready to show!

ChiselSlinger,

I missed the events message about Comfest. I'd like to check out your work and maybe get some carving tips.

View Profile of FreakBear Send a personal message to FreakBear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 5:43 pm   Permalink

come on down, I will have three days under a tent to talk tiki to any one who will listen.

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 5:55 pm   Permalink

also, on chisels.try rocklers woodworking. I love the sterling isle double edge chisels.laser sharpened.you only need one or two at 20 bucks apiece,its worth it!

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 7:15 pm   Permalink

Look at this web site http://search.stores.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=Marples&srchdesc=y&sid=3324917&store=Sell2All&colorid=5&fp=0&st=2
Its not my auction but there are several Marples Chisels that can be had for opening bids plus shipping. Shipping is $8 or $9 and you end up with a Marples Chisel for $10.00.
There are 1/8", 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4", 1", 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" straight chisels.
Good luck

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-05 3:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-24 17:43, chisel slinger wrote:
come on down, I will have three days under a tent to talk tiki to any one who will listen.

Chisel slinger,
Sorry I missed you at Comfest. I somehow got the wrong dates for the event. Friends came over this weekend talking about the great time they had, all the TIKIs they saw, and how much I would have enjoyed it. Ah'em... Too bad they didn't call to take me with them! Oh well, I guess I'll have to catch you next year.

View Profile of FreakBear Send a personal message to FreakBear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-05 6:55 pm   Permalink

freakbear, just send a pm, you can stop over any time. jimmy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation