FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Shecky Lamp up for auction!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Shecky Lamp up for auction!
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-30 3:57 pm   Permalink

Sorry Tikifish, we're veering here....

Cool lamp, by the way!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-30 4:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-08-30 11:00, woofmutt wrote:
I think of Tiki Central's motto as "Open 24 Hours". I like it quite a bit, though I don't understand it.

When I added "OPEN 24 HOURS" to the graphic I was viewing the graphic as a sign to a bar. Bar neon, acting as a beacon in the night to the weary traveller, calling them to the only Tiki Bar in the world that has members frequenting it at all hours.

Unlike other bars, Tiki Central never closes. It's open 24 hours a day.

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2002-08-30 4:37 pm   Permalink

About "Open 24 Hours", I also always liked the motto on that socal googie flagship Norm's - "We Never Close". But I know at least one person who thought that meant "We Will Never Be Closed Down", as in, torn down and replaced by a Fridays or something. Hopefully Norm's won't suffer the same fate as Ship's and all the other googie greats!
-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kitschy Koo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-08-30 4:49 pm   Permalink

There must be a full moon, it seems the Natives at Tiki Central have been restless as of late! I dig the lamp!

View Profile of Kitschy Koo Send a personal message to Kitschy Koo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mano Tiki Tia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-30 10:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:
TikiCentral would lose a lot of it's bounce if it all went Happy Clappy or Moist & Musical.

That really sounds like a great motto
TIKI CENTRAL
Were happy clappy, moist & musical.

View Profile of Mano Tiki Tia Send a personal message to Mano Tiki Tia  Email Mano Tiki Tia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Biotron2000
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-31 4:06 pm   Permalink

The lamp is great, but I really dig the Cougar XR-7 ad. I may just have to bid on it

...when drums begin to pound, my head full - BIG sound!
[img]http://www.lottaliving.com/bb/images/avatars/3fc1bc033d70dcbbea619.gif[/im

View Profile of Biotron2000 Send a personal message to Biotron2000  Email Biotron2000 Goto the website of Biotron2000     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaD-TiKi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-08-31 6:00 pm   Permalink

I think more work could have gone into the lamp, but thats just what I think. It could be better I think. Kinda looks like a kid glued there Tiki toys on someones lamp.
____ ____
__

^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
Mad-TiKi

View Profile of MaD-TiKi Send a personal message to MaD-TiKi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-01 09:50 am   Permalink

Whats wrong with gluing your toys on a lamp? Now, it's whan you start eating the glue, then you have a problem.

Anyway, I don't expect it to be bought by the Smithsonian. It's just a bit of electrical fun, that's all.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-01 3:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

...Woofmutt's little jabs...

Trader Woody

Quote:

...sarcastic jabs...

bigbadtikidaddy

D'ya notice that The Jab & Woofmutt have never been seen in the same room?

Hmmmm..........

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Chris on 2002-09-01 15:24 ]

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-01 5:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-08-30 11:58, woofmutt wrote:
It's "The Negator" when I'm working the Northwest Wrestling circuit.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! Please join me in welcoming to the ring . . .

THE NEGATOR!!!

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-01 5:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-08-30 11:47, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:

You should change your name to "NEGATOR" instead of "woofmutt"
or possibly check into some anger management.

And in the other corner, challenging the Negator for the Tiki Central Heavyweight Belt...

BIG BAD TIKI DADDY!!!

Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-01 5:06 pm   Permalink

just kidding.

KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-02 09:09 am   Permalink

i still like the lamp

View Profile of KokomoTikiBar&Grill Send a personal message to KokomoTikiBar&Grill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-02 8:24 pm   Permalink

That guy kinda looks like Tikidaddy, but way fatter. Plus, Tikidaddy doesnt have a fly 'stache, a sailor hat, bee-atch boots or those nutbuster tights. Still, the resemblance is uncanny.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-02 9:47 pm   Permalink

And in another Tiki Chris Twilight Zone twist "The Negator" and I could be related. He's obviously white trash (like me). But no tattoos on me (ever) or missing teeth (yet).

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation