[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki eBay: Mugs to pay "the man"
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
eBay: Mugs to pay "the man"
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-16 6:50 pm   Permalink

This has been a terrible day. It's down right sad that I have to give these up, ESPECIALLY the Gecko mug. Please, if you get a seat belt ticket in California, pay it right away. I just found out that I'll be paying 6 times the original amount due in order to renew my license next month. YAY!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3917356640

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3917355661

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3917359378

Thanks for helping to help me pay "the man."

Can we have 3 cheers for the man?!?!?!

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-17 1:02 pm   Permalink

Buckle up folks, or lose your mugs.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-17 1:11 pm   Permalink

That is the lesson of the day.

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-17 1:24 pm   Permalink

As the signs read in Hawai'i:

"Click it or Ticket"

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-17 1:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-17 13:24, MachTiki wrote:

"Click it or Ticket"

i recall another sign on maui with a skull that equated alcohol to death. not disputing, but i remember the skull...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-17 2:26 pm   Permalink

Now that you mention it, I think I remember those skull signs... My vision was a little blurry, but I remeber them.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-17 2:48 pm   Permalink

I am doing my part to help, I am the one bidding on the Gecko, he will have a good home if I win and be a constant reminder to "click it" and if any thing ever happens that I must get rid of it, you will have first dibs to get it back.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-17 2:48 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 04:03 am   Permalink

Ho Ho Ho, my gosh, that is tOOOO much. I really need to fasten the old fashioned safety buckle for I might end up in the "hole." That's friggin' terrible, man.

Would you like to hear a sob story? Great! Here's the latest. Prior to receiving the latest update of my Nov. seat belt ticket notfiying me that I now need to pay $340 for failiar (sp?) to pay the initial $53, I received yet ANOTHER seat belt ticket!!!!! How you ask? Well, my girlfriend and I have seen it as a slap of the instant karma.

I found 2 Tahoe Harvey's peanut mugs in a local thrift store/flea bag/meth. lab (for $2.99 each... here in Cali., thems is a dime a dozen in MOST cases, do I wasn't keen on paying that much for each one, but I ended up doing it any way), along with a wooden napkin holder that had a nice tiki hut and palm tree carved on both sides of it. The price on the thing was $2.99. I wasn't willing to pay that for it... it was dinged and considering the place and the mood I was in, and the $ for Harvey's mugs, and the fact that I was broke too, WELL, I just didn't want to pay $2.99 for it- so I'm a cheap ass, OK? Anyway, I find another item marked $0.99, and I tear off its tag and slap it on the napkin holder so the price is right. I pay for everything, and all went well at the cashier.

Off Tanya (my g.f.) and I go, up to the next stop light, when I notice, once again, I'm not wearing my @#$%^&%$# safety buckle. I realize I didn't have it on... I didn't even do the whole sly "sneak the belt past the waste" bit. I leeeeeaaaned waaaaaay over (towards the passenger side), reached hack to pull the seat belt across, then looked over my left shoulder to check on the process, and LOW AND BEHOLD, WHAT DO I SEE OUTSIDE MY DRIVER SIDE WINDOW, staring at me as I "buckle up for safety?" JOHN from CHIPS! Not really, but some terrible look alike that pulled me over when the light turned green. SO! Not only do I have an overdue ticket to pay, but I also have another seat belt ticket waiting to process! FUCKIN' HOOOOOORAY!!!!!

Sorry, I'm just slightly jaded.

Lord, if you're listening, I promise not to switch tags again. I don't need another seat belt ticket!!!!!

lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 04:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-18 04:03, KAHAKA wrote:Lord, if you're listening, I promise not to switch tags again. I don't need another seat belt ticket!!!!!

ooooh... changing the price tags on tiki stuff... baaad mana...

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 04:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-17 13:24, MachTiki wrote:

"Click it or Ticket"

pick it and flick it

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 08:58 am   Permalink

I can't believe that the pork in Cali pull you guys over for not wearing a seat belt. Here in Fla they only give those tickets if they pull you over for something else, and then see that you aren't wearing one. I have gotten 2 tickets in the past year for my exhaust though. I drive a 2000 Honda civic with some work, and the pork has it out for me because of the way my car looks. I am almost 30 and don't street race, but because my exhaust and itake and engine have been modified, I always get picked on.

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 4:59 pm   Permalink

An hour before closing and the Gecko "Exotica" is going for $107.50! That should help KAHAKA out a bit.

Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 5:06 pm   Permalink

Yeah the bad news is I got out-bid and by a person who joined today and has ZERO feedback, talked to Kahaka, the braddah a lil nervous about that. That bidder better come through or we may have to send a hunting party to thier house.>:)

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 5:13 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I saw the newbie kept outbidding you TT. You put up a hell of a fight though.

Hopefully the price will go higher... but if the new eBayer flakes on you... we have your back KAHAKA!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation