[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Blue Hawaii Shoes
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Blue Hawaii Shoes
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-17 11:21 am   Permalink

I am a huge fan of Converse Chuck Taylor shoes. A couple of summers ago I saw a company online that sold Chuck Taylors with a Hawaiian print that they called Blue Hawaii. Of course, I didn't get a pair then, and I can't find any for sale now. And I don't remember what the original company was that was selling them.

Does anybody remember seeing these shoes, and does anybody know (if wishes could come true...) where I might get a pair?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-17 11:33 am   Permalink

I've been wearing Cons for most of my life, and I wear my black Chucks to school every day. Many of my students have begun wearing them too, and one of them has a black pair with blue flames on 'em - very cool! I've never heard about any with Hawaiian prints but I've gotta have a pair!

Did they look like this?
http://sneakers.pair.com/l/chuck3hh.jpg

[ This Message was edited by: Doctor Z on 2004-06-17 11:38 ]

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-17 11:42 am   Permalink

Was it this one?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-17 11:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-17 11:42, freddiefreelance wrote:
Was it this one?

ugh! That's not hawaiian. more like an old lady's flower dress.

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-17 11:56 am   Permalink

Or maybe like this?

http://www.bumbanet.de/urbanstyle/products/2002/converse.shtml

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-06-17 12:36 pm   Permalink

I got a pair with a typical tapa cloth design on 'em.

I'll try to post a picture sometime after I discover the largest prime number...

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-17 1:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-17 11:33, Doctor Z wrote:
I've been wearing Cons for most of my life, and I wear my black Chucks to school every day.

And every day I love you that little bit more, Dr Z!
The perfect sneaker was made before most of us were born........

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 07:07 am   Permalink

Yes! Tikiwahine's post is exactly right! And I'd never seen the ones Doctor Z posted, but I love those too!

I noticed that the link is in German or something. Do you think they are sold anywhere state-side?, or at least an English speaking web sight?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 08:25 am   Permalink

Ya know I always wanted a pair of Chuckie's but with a 14W,hard to find them in my size let alone any cool colors. Boo Hoo, need to go clean up some spilt milk.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 09:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-17 12:36, Tiki_Bong wrote:

Do you really have a pair of these or are you just BS-ing? Now those have got to be cool! Were they custom made?

For what it's worth, Vans makes an 'aloha' series of slip-ons with hibiscus patterns, and even a lace-up with woven faux lauhala and suede (these are great - Z-Girl and Madame Bong have 'em)
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 11:14 am   Permalink

A buddy of mine had a pair of High-top Allstars that had a glow in the dark leopard print. You could see him coming from half a block away.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 11:20 am   Permalink

OK, I found the blue ones I posted.

I just visited a local shop called Baggins(
http://www.chucktaylorallstars.com/converse-main.html ) which is a 2 minute walk from where I work. They only have one VERY SMALL pair in the high top, but they have several of them in low top. You can see them on the web site.(exactly the same design as the picture I posted above) They ship to wherever you like, and have a toll free number. These were out a couple of years ago, so this is all they'll get. They didn't have any other hawaiian style prints. If I can help in any way, let me know!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-06-20 9:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-17 12:36, Tiki_Bong wrote:

I'll try to post a picture sometime after I discover the largest prime number...

Hey, you'll never guess what I did this weekend, so now I guess I got to post pictures of my shoes I was talking about.

P.S. The number is 838,184,093,631,059,618,971,649,846,264,837,523,845,...

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-20 11:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-18 11:14, foamy wrote:
A buddy of mine had a pair of High-top Allstars that had a glow in the dark leopard print. You could see him coming from half a block away.

I still have my Glow Zebra Stripes. Too bad they're 2.5 sizes to small now. But, I did recently sell my Batman Chucks on ebay for $150.

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala_kahiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-02 1:03 pm   Permalink

I'm bringing a dead thread back to life..I wondered if anyone had posted about these shoes before, and they had
I got these shoes about 5 years ago for my birthday, I LOVE them!

View Profile of hala_kahiki Send a personal message to hala_kahiki  Email hala_kahiki Goto the website of hala_kahiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation