FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Polynesiac's show in San Pedro, CA Aug 5 2004
Polynesiac's show in San Pedro, CA Aug 5 2004
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-06-17 1:16 pm   Permalink

Come on down to San Pedro's August First Thursday art walk and check out some tiki carvings and other polynesian pop creations by Polynesiac (known as "MR. D" in these parts) and bask in the beauty that is the Los Angeles Harbor. The show will take place at a store called "Matthew Hopkins" that usually sells soaps, candles and occult/religious art and artifacts. If you're familiar with 'Pedro it's on 7th st between Pacific and Harbor Blvd, down from the WHale and Ale and accross from Godmothers bar.

There'll be a "preview" show on July 1st, but the "opening" will be on August 5th.

Feel free to PM me or email me if you have any questions.
Should be fun - First Thursday always is.

"Hey, at least I'm housebroken."

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac on 2004-06-17 13:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac on 2004-06-17 13:24 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-17 1:20 pm   Permalink

Right on! Classic poster too!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-06-17 10:42 pm   Permalink

Maybe we can carpool some 805ers down there to check it out.......Harbor City's Bongofury....

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac

Posted: 2004-07-06 10:07 pm   Permalink

The preview show came and went without any advertising and went surprisingly well. We had many walk-ins surprised to see a little corner tiki bar with glass float lamps and tikis. A First Thursday First! I had a lot of great compliments (no sales, but a few who want custom jobs)that really got me fired up to hit the chisels.
The August opening will be more publicized (if you're in the area anyway) and should be fun!
Heres a link to my other thread that shows a few pictures of items I made:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=7522&forum=7&vpost=100161
more will be added as computer time allows!

Bongo, SP come on down to beautiful, waterfront (er...harbor front really in this area) San Pedro!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mexatiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-12 07:39 am   Permalink

Hey Polynesiac, I will be there....email me a copy of the poster and I will post it on my web site www.cruzretail.com
Your Pirate Tiki is my favorite!!!!

View Profile of mexatiki Send a personal message to mexatiki  Email mexatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 08:01 am   Permalink

Polynesiac, very nice stuff, I wish you success with the show.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-07-12 08:02 ]

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 11:52 pm   Permalink

All of your creations are looking good and worthy of good homes. Best of luck to you Polynesiac, Have a good time, and remember enthusiasm is contagious.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mexatiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-19 5:48 pm   Permalink

Your flyer has been added to my home page...if there is a link let me know...see you at your show!

View Profile of mexatiki Send a personal message to mexatiki  Email mexatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac

Posted: 2004-07-20 8:48 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Mexatiki - mucho mahalo for the ad space, and I look forward to speaking with you and meeting you - you have been very kind. Sadly, no I do not have a link - but be one the lookout in the future...

The Pirate is one of my favorites too, and was not at the preview show...it's getting a wee bit of a makeover...gonna be more piratey for my san pedro ohana...

"Hey, at least I'm housebroken."

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac on 2004-07-20 20:49 ]

mexatiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-21 4:57 pm   Permalink

No worries...glad to do it...your little Moai Pirates would make a great sticker...

Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 1:59 pm   Permalink

Can't make it on the 5th, but I'm going to be in Long Beach on Saturday, so I think I'll cruise on by & check it out then. I'll probably miss the show, but at least I'll be able to check out your stuff.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac

Posted: 2004-07-31 1:39 pm   Permalink

Quick reminder...I still have A LOT left to do, so busy, busy busy....

sorry about the store being closed this morning Aaron, I hope you were able to peek inside. THanks for the interest!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation