FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Nacho's VLV Ku Tiki Bar (updated 4/20)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Nacho's VLV Ku Tiki Bar (updated 4/20)
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-22 8:08 pm   Permalink

Nacho finally has an email address if any would like to contact him...

losttikiisland@yahoo.com

Thanks

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 8:00 pm   Permalink

New Ku Tiki bar for Viva Las Vegas Weekender in April. Here it is on the trailer at foamer Kent's "Ranch house," up in the hills of east San Jose. Tiki in this state is a wooden frame, surrounded with chicken wire, and black felt. About 1 year's worth of work (off and on) put in by Nacho. The tiki measures about 18ft. tall, 8ft. wide, 10ft. deep (minus foam).

Good Old Kent riggin' up the foam rig.

Kent in action

Progress!

Nacho foams:

BREAK @ Kent's thoroughly insulated keg-o-rator

Decided to stand it up:

Still more foaming to do (we ran poor Kent out... he thinks we probably put a good 200 lbs. of foam on it), then Nacho will carve it, paint it, finish it. I'll be doing up the inside with some help, hopefully. Lots more work to do before Vegas!

[ This Message was edited by: KAHAKA 2006-02-13 20:25 ]

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 8:42 pm   Permalink

You guys are awesome!!!! Cant wait to see it done.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelloTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 10:21 pm   Permalink

Sholy Hit! That's Nucking Futs!!!!

View Profile of HelloTiki Send a personal message to HelloTiki  Email HelloTiki Goto the website of HelloTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-14 06:41 am   Permalink

Yep, not exactly the traditional way to go, but I don't think you can find wood this big!

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-14 07:43 am   Permalink

Traditional or not it is still Awesome. If his earlier ones are any indication, this ine will be a Super tiki. Fun project to be a part of constructing.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-19 11:51 pm   Permalink

Well, we made it to VLV and back to San Jose with the new Ku Tiki Bar in tact (. The Moai bar that we took 3 times took a beating over the course of those years, so we decided to treat this one with a clear coat to strengthen the foam before the paint, and did it ever pay off... no loss of foam at all. Trailered it along side 8 hot rods and customs.

My lamp on the inside... did a little carving myself!

At one point during the car show on Saturday, a Pin-up model found her way to the top of the bartop and posed for a slew of eager photographers... Anyone happen to get a shot? I deleted those pics by mistake!!! DOOOH!

Overall, good show... security was TIGHT (emphasis on TIGHT), but it was cool. Rapped with Tiki Beat Marcus (super cool dude) and met Pdrake briefly. Hope to bring it back next year!!

[ This Message was edited by: KAHAKA 2006-04-20 00:00 ]

Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-20 04:47 am   Permalink

I know you realize It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, because it attracts pin-up models. But that is one badass smoke-snortin tiki bar!

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-20 9:37 pm   Permalink

Sweeet! Bigger is better!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-20 9:43 pm   Permalink

Wow.... Cripes. That monster statue is freakin cool.

Kahaka,

totally dig the lamp with the carving on the base. Mixing up all elements in that one. Way cool

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-04-20 10:17 pm   Permalink

This KU bar is way toooo coooool!
Amazing job.
Tahitiki

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-20 11:15 pm   Permalink

I really can't take much credit for this one... really my buddy Nacho's work. I just helped when needed (I did the bartop with another friend's help, some painting, interior stuff, lamps, fingerpointing, suggesting, gawking, beer drinking, etc.). Thanks for the kind words, on Nacho's behalf.

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 09:16 am   Permalink

Saaweet! You guys did awesome work again!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 9:55 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys!

Good golly... someone has pics of something I didn't see with my own eyes (but thought in my head perhaps)...

poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-22 03:40 am   Permalink

WOW!!! WOW!!! and that's not for the girls it's for your work. Mammoth tiki, slammed cars, in Vegas, how much better can it get. BIG foam, I like it, I like it.

Would that weather well in a permanent out door environment? That is wild. Got to try that. Do you guys give advise?

That is "out of the box". GOOD JOB!

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation