FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ General Tiki Ľ Ľ Jack Lord, gettin' his props!

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Jack Lord, gettin' his props!
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 3:38 pm   Permalink

Itís great the sculpture is being put at Kahala Mall when I lived on that island you could see him like clockwork every Saturday morning at the tables in front of Safeway in his wide brimmed straw hat and pink sweater smiling at anyone who acknowledged him. At first is was almost surreal but after a while it became a staple and was more of and elders statesman.
One of my fondest moments as a kid was when they filmed a Hawaii 5-0 episode at my neighbors house and I was able to spend a few hours after school watching them step up for hours to shoot a 5 min scene. It wasnít on the legend scale it is now and at the time I was more surprised to see men that looked so out of place wearing heavy polyester suits in the Humid climate. If only I still had the autographed picture Jack Lord signed to me with his special pen one of the crew held for him, alas.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation