FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving drum base Tangaroa & Velvets 8/31/04 on page3
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
drum base Tangaroa & Velvets 8/31/04 on page3
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 8:18 pm   Permalink

Aloha friends,

here's a couple of new velvets and a new tiki from da south sea arts duo Uncle Leo and me.

this is a velvet dats 3 ft tall by 2 1/2 feet wide. I call this one "my office"!! no, I wish it was my office. It's of a beautiful wahine (a must) and my carving Exotica that da wahine is leaning on. Also has my new mug "da big puka" on da table.

close ups

make sure your velvet has da gecko south seas stamp so da peopo know you got quality art on da wall and not just some velvet from some garage sale artist.

here is a 36x60 velvet and a 6 foot 7inch tiki I carved for a show I have comin up.

mahaloz fo da look.

here is a carving I call "da big puka"

and the new mug coming in summer by South Sea Arts. Also called da big puka. This will not be a limited edition and will be a nice low price around $15. maybe retail in stores here around $20. Available only here in Hawaii. Not yet for sale.

the base of a coffee table in da making

the top carved from a natural shaped slab of wood. still have a little work to do on da top.

almost done. the top was carved then I pored resin to flatten out the top so drinks could be placed on it.

still needs some work.

another original black velvet by uncle Leo. He has some different designs coming out but I'm just a big fan of this design with da wahine and tiki in da back as you can see.

this one I just had to have him do for my personal collection because of da beauty of da wahine. I got her out of a magazine and new she had to be on velvet.

I'm really going to push these beutiful velvets as soon as he has more designs. He does self portraits on velvets that are amazing.

mask

that's it for now. I have another special surprise but will be seen later.

Mahaloz

[ This Message was edited by: gecko on 2004-07-30 19:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: gecko on 2004-08-29 20:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: gecko on 2004-08-31 23:42 ]

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 8:20 pm   Permalink

excellent as always Gecko, i love the styles you come up with. everything looks great.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 8:20 pm   Permalink

da back of da mug

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 8:21 pm   Permalink

tanks Octane. How's your carvings?

Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 8:30 pm   Permalink

not happening lately, but hopefully that will change in about a week when i get some free time. i'v been working on another project (non tiki) for one of my friends, but hopefully next week its all about the tikis.

i missed out on your first mug but i'm deffinatly going to have to get this new one when it comes out. again man great work, i really like the way you find aways to put that little tiki in different place on your big tikis, and that hollow bottom looks great.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 8:54 pm   Permalink

Wow, Great Stuff,
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 9:48 pm   Permalink

So how do us mainlanders get our mits on the new mug?

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 10:12 pm   Permalink

Its about time you did some work. All you been doin is work work work. Ya workin so hard we never see you. But it's OK Now I see the stuff,. It's Mighty nice Gecko, Well Worth Waiting for. Just keep more coming. The mug is A+ man really beautiful, you sure you done that?.
Keep up the good work man
Later.

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart on 2004-06-19 09:06 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 11:31 pm   Permalink

Wow....
Boy you have been busy. What's the name of the Drum Tiki with band around it's waist? It's awesome!!
Love the coffee table too. Can't wait to see more.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-18 11:42 pm   Permalink

Gecko is that mask available to buy? Also are you starting a list for your mugs? I ask about the list because I missed out on the Denny and hoping that same fate does not happen for the rest of your sweet mugs,mahalo.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-19 08:24 am   Permalink

Good Stuff Gecko! Nice to see you on TC again, its been awhile...

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-19 11:04 am   Permalink

Awesome stuff Gecko, keep those pics of your work rollin in!

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-19 4:00 pm   Permalink

Gecko,

Terrific works.
I'm looking forward to displaying one of your Tikis after I visit you and nab one.

I'll bring the uke, rum and mixers with me.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-19 7:03 pm   Permalink

aloha friends,

Well mahalo and nice to talk to you guys again as well. It's nice to back just for a little while because I'm still very busy.

PolyPop, whats up bro! nice to see your name on da screen as well. I'm just trying to keep busy pounding da work out. I miss da good peopo here!

OnaTiki, no special name for da tiki. Just another geko tiki dats all. Enjoy da big puka!

Alnshely, there's my favorite couple. Hey Pearly Shells, I'll have your black velvet portrait at da second week of July. It's going to be a large 20X30!!!! betta make some room on da wall braddah Al!

TikiGardener, howzit bro? the new mug will be available around August. No worries, I'll give you guys a heads up. Thanks for asking. You guys here will get the special discount price.

Benzilla, one day we will carve together on one log! I might have to get a 6 footer and split it up 3 ways between me you and chikki. That would be something for my collection. You guys need to come out! And keep dem bad ass Maori carvings rollin brah!

Octane, no excuses! you got skillz so use dem! I like your work. Don't quit, it gets better!

Tiki-Toa, no list fo da mugs yet. Don't worry I'll make sure you get one. As far as dat mask, it's gone already but a custom order is no problem if you are interested. Just email me if you any questions.

tiki bird, Mahaloz, I'll try to keep da pics commin.

pablus, bring da rum and da mixers because I can't make a drink for nothin.

I'm here on da islands peopo, come see me anytime! I'll be seeing Jungle Trader next week....who's next??? anybody else in July??

Tanks to Joe and his lovely wife Tanya(arm chair traveling into da world of tiki) We had a blast with you guys!!!! call us anytime!!!! flickaria!!!

Aloha

MutantTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-20 09:01 am   Permalink

I am new (stumbled over the site by accident) but I am amazed at the level of talent here. Nice work!

Must... have.. mug.

View Profile of MutantTiki Send a personal message to MutantTiki  Goto the website of MutantTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation