FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving drum base Tangaroa & Velvets 8/31/04 on page3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
drum base Tangaroa & Velvets 8/31/04 on page3
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-01 4:14 pm   Permalink

amazing as always gecko...i hope one day to make it out your way....

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-01 6:17 pm   Permalink

Gecko Geckkkooo, What you been doin? I SEE what you been doin. Your additions are Way up there Mr Lizzard..I'm glad to see that you have been doing constructive things with your time.
Happy belated birthday to your Wahini. I won't tell nobody how young she is. You lucky dog.
Anyway keep up the work, We all need it for Inspiration, at least I do.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 01:29 am   Permalink

Gecko, all the stuff that comes out of your place is fantastic. I'm just gonna have to start saving for a trip to see it for real.

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 08:01 am   Permalink

Wow. Good stuff!

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 11:18 am   Permalink

Great velvet prints again.
Did I tell you I framed your velvet print with golden frame, it looks fantastic, really lighting up the image. I love it.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingslod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 1:09 pm   Permalink

Gecko,

Those mugs are great, but how can I get one of your carvings? Your pieces are amazing! Really great. I got that "whoosh" feeling you get when you see great art, that makes you think and feel at the same time, so that they almost cancel each other out. Very nice...and no, I'm not high right now.

View Profile of kingslod Send a personal message to kingslod  Email kingslod Goto the website of kingslod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 1:50 pm   Permalink

MUST HAVE THAT MUG...

Unbelievable stuff, Gecko. I'm vacationing in Maui this November. Can you hook up a fellow TC brah with some local carving wood? I want to make a real authentic hawaiian tiki with some magical hawaiian tiki wood. But I'm hoping I can find some over there that's not at Haole prices!

Do you have a supplier? Or do you just head off into the jungle with an axe & get your own?

Wish I was going to Oahu, I'd definitely stop by to check out your stuff. I'm tempted to make a side trip.

Mahalo, my friend, and thanks for the eye candy!

Aaron

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-29 8:41 pm   Permalink

I haven't had da chance to post any carvings lately because of being busy but I have some spare time today. Here's one that was just ordered. Drum style bottom Tangaroa.

I'll post others later that I've done last month. Just kinda been busy and it takes time to post pics.
Mahalo

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-29 8:50 pm   Permalink

Aloha G! Good to see you here again,you are missed, and look what ya brought us, another beauty do you ever stop getting better, I feel like wayne and garth on my knees "were not worthy, were not worthy!"

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-29 9:20 pm   Permalink

Beautiful and truely nice. i see he has the big drum stick reay at a moments notice.
A rare post by Gecko.. Love it HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 08:46 am   Permalink

Gecko, aside from the fact that it's a great carving, I like the add on's. Another element to admire (or not). Good stuff.

By the way, your paintings are killer, too! Man, oh man.

[ This Message was edited by: foamy on 2004-08-30 08:49 ]

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 2:32 pm   Permalink

G! what a beaut! You have that style down ! nice piece of wood too

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 3:42 pm   Permalink

Holy crap man. That thing rules. I sent you a P.M.

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 5:20 pm   Permalink

Gecko, everything you make man is great. love the drum (hollow part) of your tikis. as Chikitiki said you have that style down perfectly. I like the color of him looks kind of dark but when you showed a close up of the back of his head it was a nice deep brown, always impressive, can't wait to see what else youv done.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-31 11:40 pm   Permalink

Howzit peeps, here's 2 large 36X60 velvets uncle Leo did. While he was doing some of his new designs and taking care oforders, I asked him to do a couple of classics. The first one is after one of Leeteg's most famous paintings(Hina Rapa)that was also used by the Chi Chi bar in Palm Springs.

Can you guess the second? The peopo In Florida should get this one. With Flounder doing all these great vintage mug paintings I thought it would be nice to do some vintage wahine paintings from the restaurants as well.

tanks fo da props braddahs on da Tangaroa. One of my fave's to carve. Chiki da wood is coconut palm. Da holes come from da spikes in da shoes of da local tree climbers so they can climb up to cut down coconuts so they don't fall on peopoz head in Waikiki ya. Also from birds.

aloha

[ This Message was edited by: gecko on 2004-08-31 23:43 ]

[ This Message was edited by: gecko on 2004-08-31 23:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: gecko on 2004-09-01 00:08 ]

[ This Message was edited by: gecko on 2004-09-01 00:11 ]

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation