FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » Newest Heather Watts painting named by Dr. Z (scroll down)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Newest Heather Watts painting named by Dr. Z (scroll down)
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 7:33 pm   Permalink

* tiger by the tail
* shivered timbers
* pearl of peril/perilous pearls
* the sword
* under a crescent moon
* the plunder
* tiger tale

btw, have you ever heard of the pirate sandokan, the tiger of malaysia?

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Chris on 2004-06-24 19:34 ]

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 8:44 pm   Permalink

i'v got a bone to pick with you

hook line and sinker

rubys are a pirate best friend

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 8:52 pm   Permalink

Hee hee. I love them! Still haven't decided, but these are great.

I love them all, but my favorites so far are "hooked" "the sword" & "pirate's dilemma: beauty or booty" although I might just shorten it to "the dilemma" if I use it. I've also come up with one of my own--

"The sixty-four thousand dollar distraction"

--but I'm still not sure if I'll use that either. Although seeing as I thought of it myself, I think its pulling ahead in the running...

Any thoughts?

(ps. Haven't heard of the pirate sandokan, the tiger of malaysia but I'd like to know more & I'll look it up when I get around to it. Always looking for things to inspire me.)

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 9:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

my favorite "pirate's dilemma: beauty or booty" although I might just shorten it to "the dilemma" if I use it. I've also come up with one of my own--

"The sixty-four thousand dollar distraction"

--but I'm still not sure if I'll use that either. Although seeing as I thought of it myself, I think its pulling ahead in the running...

Any thoughts?

(ps. Haven't heard of the pirate sandokan, the tiger of malaysia but I'd like to know more & I'll look it up when I get around to it. Always looking for things to inspire me.)

is the tiger from india? then it could be

"the dalai lama dilemma"
haaa.

since the pirate is obvious, shortening is a remedy;
"dilemma; beauty or booty"

and ya wanna have a title thats fun to say.
can you imagine a couple of wealthy art patrons sitting around in the oak panelled ol boys club:

"hey dude. ya gotta swing ovah to my crib and check out my new aquisition.... Dude!"

"yea dude?! Whuzzit called?!"

" Dillemma; beauty or booty"

"wow. righteously wicked bitchin! cant wait. ... dude"

http://www.affichescinema.com/insc_s/sandokan_borneo.jpg

( the dollar amount title almost takes it away from a fantasy realm and brings it to modern times. One thinks instantly of that old game show as well as that modern colloquialism title is taken from )

[ This Message was edited by: lanikai on 2004-06-24 21:29 ]

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 9:51 pm   Permalink

Well put & duly noted. Been thinking about the dilemma thing. I love the title, but to me the painting's more about how he's become distracted & she's about to hack his head off. Leaning back towards "Hooked" or how about "The curse of the Ruby", "The Ruby's curse" or just "Ruby's curse"?

www.TheArtDeck.com (dont forget the "the")

[ This Message was edited by: Travellin' Tiki on 2004-06-24 21:55 ]

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 9:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-24 21:51, Travellin' Tiki wrote:
Duly noted. I've got another two hours or so to do this still. How about "The curse of the Ruby", "The Ruby's curse" or just "Ruby's curse"?

I dunno...
is ruby the gal in da pic?
will she curse Tony if he steals da gem?
but seriously...
curse sounds un naturally foreboding for such a ...well, to me; comfortable lighthearted whimsical scene ... but I'm anal-izing it too much arent't I...

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 10:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-24 21:51, Travellin' Tiki wrote:
Well put & duly noted. Been thinking about the dilemma thing. I love the title, but to me the painting's more about how he's become distracted & she's about to hack his head off.

duuuh. I just now noticed the sword in the left of pic.
She may get in a slightly solid whack with that cross handle fencing sword, but she may be worse for wear as he will get a good "left hook" in there...
(smug austin powers look)

hey; was it intentional that; that sword is related to a sabre and that tiger is related to...

naaahhh!

[ This Message was edited by: lanikai on 2004-06-24 22:09 ]

Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 10:10 pm   Permalink

Yeah. I think 'Ruby' is the girl in the pick. Although maybe that's just what "Tony" calls her. Actually the pirate's name is "Jack" ("Jack & Ruby")

Your right about the forboding part. There's a dark undertone to the pic, but the fantasy/whimsical thing is definitely there too, and I probably shouldn't draw away from that with a title that's too dark.

Okay, stumped again... Maybe I just need an adjective. "The ___________ Distraction" or "A ____________ distraction"

lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 10:17 pm   Permalink

Yeah. I think 'Ruby' is the girl in the pick. Although maybe that's just what "Tony" calls her. Actually the pirate's name is "Jack" ("Jack & Ruby")

...& Lee & Harvey & Oswald ...

sorry..

Okay, stumped again... Maybe I just need an adjective. "The ___________ Distraction" or "A ____________ distraction"

blinded by distraction
distraction attraction
attraction/distraction/infliction

Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 10:19 pm   Permalink

A Timely Distraction

A Momentary Distraction

Momentarily Distracted...

Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 10:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

and hey; if ruby gets a whack in there towards his right hand, then HE will be.. "stumped again..."
huuuhhhuuu

Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 10:23 pm   Permalink

A Shiny Object

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 10:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-24 22:19, Doctor Z wrote:
A Timely Distraction

A Momentary Distraction

Momentarily Distracted...

but if the ruby's worth 64 thousand, it would be..
a monetary distraction.

Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 10:28 pm   Permalink

Doctor Z. You rule the universe. That's it! "A timely Distraction" it is. Thank you! That is exactly what it was meant to be called. I just didn't know it.

Lanikai, you also rule the universe. Although I won't be using your suggestions, they fued the fires for others to contribute & you get a million points for effort, so thanks!

Thanks for everybody's two cents & suggestions. The title is perrrrfect.

lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 10:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-24 22:28, Travellin' Tiki wrote:
Doctor Z. You rule the universe. That's it! "A timely Distraction" it is. Thank you! That is exactly what it was meant to be called. I just didn't know it.

Lanikai, you also rule the universe. Although I won't be using your suggestions, they fued the fires for others to contribute & you get a million points for effort, so thanks!

Thanks for everybody's two cents & suggestions. The title is perrrrfect.

Ya dont mess with the Doc!
heals all dilemmas a to z!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation